Gravity Falls Anyone?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
xjulirenae
Bookshelf Size: 0

Gravity Falls Anyone?

Post by xjulirenae »

So I know the fandom is pretty dead, but I am still obsessed with it. What are yall thoughts? Canons? Cipher Hunt? IRL Journals? I miss the show so very much, and I recently rewatched it- except none of my friends watch it. I need to fangirl with other people.
Julianna Renae
clarc

Post by clarc »

Ooh I like it. Just one thing--you missed the golden opportunity to use the scene with the shape-shifter fighting Wendy! Even just screenshots, it would have been perfect, with the shape-shifter winking, then the real Wendy zipping her lips and throwing away the key, and then on the "if one of them is dead" line show Dipper slicing the shape-shifter Wendy open with the ax.Anyways, that's just what I would have done. It's great just the way you have it. :)
adamgreenrock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamgreenrock.html
Latest Review: Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

Post by adamgreenrock »

Love it. Pretty much the cartoon to make me laugh and cry a lot. I really love that the show has a lot of subtle ways to give you a clue for future episodes.
clarc

Post by clarc »

adamgreenrock wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 01:09 Love it. Pretty much the cartoon to make me laugh and cry a lot. I really love that the show has a lot of subtle ways to give you a clue for future episodes.
right?! I was like, even with my first watch shocked by laughter. When I finished watching, I was very sad. I really plan to watch again soon!

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
bhaiterabhai

Post by bhaiterabhai »

According to a story in Hollywood trade publication Variety today, Alex Hirsch will “exclusively develop new series and features” for Netflix. That means Hirsch won't be available to create any new content for Disney, its TV networks, or its own new streaming service set to debut in the fall of 2019
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I LOVE Gravity Falls and I'm so sad it ended. I've been binging it on DIsney+.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

One of my favourite animations. I really wouldn't have minded if the show when on for ten more seasons. Grunkle Stan is my favourite character even though I can't fully explain why, and Mabel is a close second because of her never-ending positivity.
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-of-literature.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Lady-of-Literature »

Oh, Gravity Falls is brilliant, brilliant show. I only have one theory and that is that Cipher knew he was going to fail in his quest to destroy the world. Why? Because in earlier episodes, in his few interactions with Stanford, he says the line, "Woah, do go having a heart attack, your not ninety-two, yet." He implies that Stanford would live to see ninety-two, which could not happen if he killed him like he planed. I do believe Cipher has some power to see into the future, or at least multiple pathways of what could be like Garnet from Steven Universe. I don't know, its a pretty undercook theory, but I think Cipher knew he was going to fail or at least knew he might fail and planned for it. Which is why his last words in reverse is a spell or chant to resurrect him in a different form in a different time. Heck, he might try to fight them all over again in a parallel universe.
nirvanausual

Post by nirvanausual »

Animated comedy about twins Dipper and Mabel Pines, who live with their eccentric uncle for a summer in Gravity Falls, Oregon, where he operates the world's most bizarre museum.
Sarah Morse
Currently Reading: The Mermaid, the Witch and the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-morse.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sarah Morse »

A couple of my friends introduced me to Gravity Falls a few years ago. I remember not knowing what to think at first, but I was quickly sucked into this quirky world. My friends were much better than I was at coming up with theories about the show, but I loved the storyline and the characters. Mabel is my favorite, but I probably relate more to Dipper. I definitely need to rewatch the series soon.
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." – Walt Disney
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

I have a heard a lot about this show, but what is it about? I am on the fence on if I should find old episodes of this show or stick with something new.
Abigail Klinkerman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-klinkerman.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Abigail Klinkerman »

Gravity Falls was such an underrated cartoon that I absolutely adore. I really wish it could've gone on for more than 2 seasons. My favorite character was probably grunkle Stan. Or the guy who said razzle dazzle... classic
Vumana16
Currently Reading: Mixed Blessings
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vumana16.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Vumana16 »

Lady-of-Literature wrote: 19 May 2020, 21:29 Oh, Gravity Falls is brilliant, brilliant show. I only have one theory and that is that Cipher knew he was going to fail in his quest to destroy the world. Why? Because in earlier episodes, in his few interactions with Stanford, he says the line, "Woah, do go having a heart attack, your not ninety-two, yet." He implies that Stanford would live to see ninety-two, which could not happen if he killed him like he planed. I do believe Cipher has some power to see into the future, or at least multiple pathways of what could be like Garnet from Steven Universe. I don't know, its a pretty undercook theory, but I think Cipher knew he was going to fail or at least knew he might fail and planned for it. Which is why his last words in reverse is a spell or chant to resurrect him in a different form in a different time. Heck, he might try to fight them all over again in a parallel universe.
Wow!! That's an amazing theory, it makes the final fight even more interesting. It would leave so many possibilities open for a continuation, if they ever make another season that is.
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:

Vumana16 wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 18:40
Lady-of-Literature wrote: 19 May 2020, 21:29 Oh, Gravity Falls is brilliant, brilliant show. I only have one theory and that is that Cipher knew he was going to fail in his quest to destroy the world. Why? Because in earlier episodes, in his few interactions with Stanford, he says the line, "Woah, do go having a heart attack, your not ninety-two, yet." He implies that Stanford would live to see ninety-two, which could not happen if he killed him like he planed. I do believe Cipher has some power to see into the future, or at least multiple pathways of what could be like Garnet from Steven Universe. I don't know, its a pretty undercook theory, but I think Cipher knew he was going to fail or at least knew he might fail and planned for it. Which is why his last words in reverse is a spell or chant to resurrect him in a different form in a different time. Heck, he might try to fight them all over again in a parallel universe.
Wow!! That's an amazing theory, it makes the final fight even more interesting. It would leave so many possibilities open for a continuation, if they ever make another season that is.
Thank you so much! If you like film theories, I highly recommend Film Theorist on youtube and The theorizer( he did a great breakdown of Coraline)! They do amazing work.
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:

cookiedough wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 22:08 I have a heard a lot about this show, but what is it about? I am on the fence on if I should find old episodes of this show or stick with something new.
Oh, allow me to convince you! Gravity falls is a 2 season Disney show about twins, Dipper and Mabel, spending the summer with their Great Uncle (or Grunkle) Stan in a town called Gravity Falls, Oregon. The pair spend their time working in their Grunkle's tour guide shack scamming people and other fun summer stuff. Dipper is your classic mystery lover and thinker, he quickly realizes how odd the town is as he and his sister the big-hearted twin who falls in love with the wrong people and loves glitter.

While out in the woods, Dipper comes across an advanced hiding spot. Inside a journal with a six-fingered hand mark detailing the mysteries of the town including an unnamed evil. As the saying goes, "Remember, in Gravity Falls, there's no one you can trust."

I really love this show. Just this evening I watched one of my favorite episodes with my dad. I recommend it to anyone who loves mystery and modern humor. If it helps, my friend and I live by the 5 ep. rule. If you're not into it by then, then it's not your thing. But give it 5 ep. first to win you over.

Return to “Films and Books”