Are you a big fan of Disney movies and why?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Lee-2u
Currently Reading: Mirror, Mirror...? A Modern Day Fairy Tale
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-2u.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Re: Are you a big fan of Disney movies and why?

Post by Lee-2u »

I love Disney movies because why not I mean they produce the best movies and are for all people. My favorite of all time is Cinderella and Maleficent.
lauren02
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lauren02 »

I LOVEEEE Disney movies! :D They're wonderful. The older ones circa early 2000s were the best, but nowadays there's not many good Disney movies. Except for a few such as Frozen, Moana and Onward; just to name a few.
kimoy13
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimoy13.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by kimoy13 »

I am a huge fan of Disney movies. Who wouldn't be? These movies give you hope :ugeek2: They can be looked at and enjoyed by children and adults. They offer that perfect parent/child bonding moment. :lol:

The colours in these movies are also so bright and beautiful. These movies also tend to have great music that is fun and upbeat. Anytime I feel a bit sad or stressed out, I just turn one on and my problems "magically disappear" even if only momentarily lol.

The only downside to these movies however, it that they always have a happy ending which may not adequately prepare young children for the harsh realities of life. But then again they are children and their innocence ought to be protected and prolonged for as long as possible. :)
Lilyflower-x2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

Reynaa wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 23:55 I am a big fan of the older movies that I grew up watching. I haven't been a big fan of the remake love-action versions, unfortunately!
Old is gold. The older versions are better than most of the remakes.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin
shirleym89
Currently Reading: Mirror, Mirror...?
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirleym89.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by shirleym89 »

When I was in my early teens, I was a huge fan of disney movies however now that I am older I have no interest in them.
Lhammamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhammamy.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Lhammamy »

I am a big fan of Disney movies. I always get too excited whenever they release a new movie. For many years, watching animated movies was a habit in my family that even mom and dad would sit and watch with us. Watching them now.. I don't think I will ever grow old for them. I will share a Disney movie night with my children and even with my grand children with the same excitement every single time.
Book Lover7
Currently Reading: Crown on Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover7.html
Latest Review: The Light of the Dying by Michelle Reynoso

Post by Book Lover7 »

Yes, I'm a big fan of Disney movies. Do I really need a reason to be a fan of Disney??
Sarah Nichols 7
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Doctor Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-nichols-7.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Post by Sarah Nichols 7 »

I LOVE Disney movies! Huge Disney fan over here. I work for a children’s entertainment company where I dress up as different princesses and superhero’s and Star Wars characters. A little obsessed. The live action remakes are usually pretty good. My favorite is Cinderella. I didn’t see the point for The Lion King because it was all CGI. Don’t mess with a perfect movie.
Nana2_
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Nana2_ »

I love them Soo but sometimes I can get within my choice and I don't know why. They are relaxing when one watches them.
MariaLivaniou
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading: Captive Prince
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinbennet.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by MariaLivaniou »

I love disney movies. It is true that the style of them has changed over the years but that is only natural as the people and the younger generation changes as well. Nevertheless my favorite disney movie is Mulan. I am still amazed about how well the grafics of the movie look still with todays technology, and of course the ideals and feminism that the movie gives off, where way ahead of its time and still rellevant even today.
V-20
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-20.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by V-20 »

Yes! As a lady who grew up watching Disney movies, I think no matter what age and point in life I am at, I will still love it and will continue watching the movies.
Stay safe! Sending hugs
x Val
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by _claudi_ »

Yes, I like Disney movies. They started so well and their graphics was everything till recently. I don't know what went wrong but something changed about Disney!
RavingReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravingreads.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by RavingReads »

It's really a hit or miss for me for Disney movies. The more recent ones, such as Aladdin, were amazing. I definitely liked their new stuff as opposed to their old stuff.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

YES!!! Big fan of Disney movies, my son has seen , I think every Disney movie made,. They all have a cute story to them and wonderful topics and themes
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I do like Disney movies! Some people complain about them for a variety of reasons, kids should be outside playing, they should be reading, it's bad for their eyes, etc., but in moderation, I do like them. It's like going to a play. They often have good morals or lessons and that is nice. Some of them are very interesting, magical, nonsensical, and somewhat educational. They're cute.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Films and Books”