Favorite Podcasts

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Favorite Podcasts

Post by Nym182 »

I've really been getting turned on to podcasts lately, and wondering what everyone's favorite is. Lately my finance and I have been watching a lot of Tigerbelly, Kill Tony, Your Mom's House and Dr. Drew after dark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh »

I really love "Views" by David Dobrik and Jason Nash.
Interesting to hear the weird and wacky things they get up to.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Hmm. It depends. For non-fiction podcasts I love 3 Spooked Girls and stuff like Criminal. Holosky is also kind of fun. If we're talking about fiction podcasts though, I'm particularly attached to Saffron and Peri (examination of fairytale tropes through fairy godmother training. Also a comedy), Dear Murder Street (supernatural mystery set up like a true crime podcast), Welcome to Night Vale and Our Fair City (post-apocalyptic what if about a city run entirely by an insurance company).
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

I really enjoy Ted Talks and Exploring the Prophetic with Shawn Bolz.
nicole-adrianne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-adrianne.html
Latest Review: Chubby Wubbles by M. J. Abrams

Post by nicole-adrianne »

TED Talks and Hidden Brain are NPR classics. I love Cults, Conspiracy Theories, and Unexplained Mysteries by Parcast. Welcome to Night Vale is my first and truest podcast love. And for anyone interested in Russian, Russian Made Easy is the best language podcast I've encountered, on par with SwedishPod101.
One feels like a duck, splashing around in all this wet. And when one feels like a duck, one is happy!
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

Mine has to be Welcome to Night Vale it's wonderfully strange.
Nisha Ward
Currently Reading:

Post by Nisha Ward »

NovaFly wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 01:33 Mine has to be Welcome to Night Vale it's wonderfully strange.
Oh, it definitely is. I really love how they build the story and manage to even do call backs to stuff mentioned way back in the beginning.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Zion Mesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zion-mesa.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Zion Mesa »

Currently, the "Work in progress podcast" with Andy Mineo. I'm not a huge podcast person, but occasionally I will listen or watch the "Kings dream" podcast with Ruslan.
DetMaraBays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by DetMaraBays »

Just finished listening to Episode 6 of CATCH AND KILL podcast from Ronan Farrow, having previously listened to the Audiobook.
Highly recommended but often painful to listen to victim's experiences and the difficulty revealing them and recovering from the trauma.
SMAhmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smahmed.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by SMAhmed »

Mine are probably American Conviction(A true-crime podcast), The Magnus Archives (Horror podcast), Dream Boy (Very NSFW but AMAZING narration and writing, a Mystery and Thriller Podcast), The Adventure Zone (A D&D Podcast hosted by three brothers and their dad), and Girl in Space (A Sci-Fi Adventure Podcast with GREAT voice acting)
Nisha Ward
Currently Reading:

Post by Nisha Ward »

SMAhmed wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 14:44 Mine are probably American Conviction(A true-crime podcast), The Magnus Archives (Horror podcast), Dream Boy (Very NSFW but AMAZING narration and writing, a Mystery and Thriller Podcast), The Adventure Zone (A D&D Podcast hosted by three brothers and their dad), and Girl in Space (A Sci-Fi Adventure Podcast with GREAT voice acting)
Oh, if you like Girl in Space, there's an entire podcast universe surrounding it.
SMAhmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smahmed.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by SMAhmed »

Nisha Ward wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 05:25
SMAhmed wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 14:44 Mine are probably American Conviction(A true-crime podcast), The Magnus Archives (Horror podcast), Dream Boy (Very NSFW but AMAZING narration and writing, a Mystery and Thriller Podcast), The Adventure Zone (A D&D Podcast hosted by three brothers and their dad), and Girl in Space (A Sci-Fi Adventure Podcast with GREAT voice acting)
Oh, if you like Girl in Space, there's an entire podcast universe surrounding it.
Wow, didn't know that. Any idea of which podcast I should start within that universe aside from Girl in Space? :tiphat:
Nisha Ward
Currently Reading:

Post by Nisha Ward »

SMAhmed wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 12:08
Nisha Ward wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 05:25
Wow, didn't know that. Any idea of which podcast I should start within that universe aside from Girl in Space? :tiphat:
I really liked Great and Terrible and Magic King Dom.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

I watch Jay Shetty and find it amazing.
eliviac35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliviac35.html
Latest Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Post by eliviac35 »

Nisha Ward wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 21:52 Hmm. It depends. For non-fiction podcasts I love 3 Spooked Girls and stuff like Criminal. Holosky is also kind of fun. If we're talking about fiction podcasts though, I'm particularly attached to Saffron and Peri (examination of fairytale tropes through fairy godmother training. Also a comedy), Dear Murder Street (supernatural mystery set up like a true crime podcast), Welcome to Night Vale and Our Fair City (post-apocalyptic what if about a city run entirely by an insurance company).
You should check out “Wine and Crime.” I absolutely love them!!

Return to “Films and Books”