What are you watching on TV or Internet

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
MiziS_1305
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbol
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizis-1305.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Re: What are you watching on TV or Internet

Post by MiziS_1305 »

I've been watching a Chinese drama in historical genre General and I. Their historical attires have always mesmerized me. It's hard for me to miss a historical Chinese drama.
Uglygod
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Uglygod »

The Internet is more entertaining than a TV to be honest. And you can her all you watch on a TV in the internet
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

Recently I started watching 'Peaky Blinders' with Cillian Murphy. I am on season 4 and Adrien Brody just appeared. What a fascinating role and two thumbs up for such thrilling Tv series!
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

Right now, i am into watching Once Upon a Time Series (this one is very close to my heart) and i can't believe it's about to end.
Another one i am into right now is Modern Family. These two series actually lightens up my mood.
Alex Foster
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-foster.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Alex Foster »

I just started Jessica Jones season 2 on Netflix and I'm about half way through it now. It is pretty good but I'm really looking forward to season 2 of Luke Cage.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

I've just been catching up with Rough Justice, a police drama set in Antwerp. Flemish isn't a language I know, but I enjoy picking out words with the help of the subtitles.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

Right now, Kong: Skull Island and its good.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

I'm watching My Sister's Keeper. I loved the book and the movie was just as good except for Cameron Diaz. I know it's a sad movie but for some reason I can't help but watch it.
DavidB52
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DavidB52 »

"Black Sails"

This was a TV series that ran four seasons, ending in 2017. The show is about pirates, set on New Providence Island (Nassau, the Bahamas) and billed as a prequel (twenty years) to Robert Louis Stevenson's novel "Treasure Island." I have all four seasons on DVD and am almost finished working my way through them all.

This is one of the best shows I have ever watched.
Forget about it being promoted as a prequel to "Treasure Island"; this series is good enough to be appreciated on its own. The entire production is excellent: sets, actors, acting, special effects--everything. If you are into pirate shows, you'd probably really enjoy this series; seasons one and two, in particular, have all the pirate elements: ever-changing alliances, chasing treasure, sword-fighting, sailing ships, etc. It is kind of like "Game of Thrones", in which you start to wonder if anybody is really safe. But in seasons three and four, that is when more background of the main characters are revealed and some of the threads that have been dropped earlier in the series come together. And this is where the series really shines for me--it has a good story. I think the writing is what made this show stand out so well. It actually tells a story that is decent. It is not just a hastily churned-out show with plot holes all over and implausible story lines making it look like a B-grade show. "Black Sails" actually has a story! After getting invested in these characters through four seasons, I am really going to miss them.

A caveat: this is not a show for watching with children. The show is about pirates, doing what pirates do. There is graphic violence, gore, swearing, sex, and nudity.
yaschizzy_100

Post by yaschizzy_100 »

911 tv show is nice..adrenaline!
Butterflybookworm
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 2392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterflybookworm.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Butterflybookworm »

I just started watching Longmire on Netflix.
Butterflybookworm
:bookclub-square:
Johnboy1

Post by Johnboy1 »

I have been watching laff tv i loves old shows that i havent seen in a long time. Takes me to my younger days.when i was a kid. Dont you sometimes miss watching a show you havent seen in a long time. Dont get me wrong i love watching these new shows like rescue 911. That is a good tv show. About all these crazy and exciting rescues. It is very interesting to see how they rescue these people cant wait for the next show to come on.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

I started watching Sky One's Strike Back. It's about a secretive branch of the British DI that performs risky operations all over the world. It focuses a lot on the action and folows the typical plot lines of the genre, in the style of 24 or Homeland (corruption, betrayal, diffuse lines between good and evil, duty and honor, etc.). It's based on novels by a writer who is a former SAS member. It's entertaining enough for followers of this kind of stories, with an acceptable level of technical professionalism.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

StephenKingman wrote: 10 Aug 2013, 16:39 Anyone else here watch Breaking Bad? Wow, its such an addictive and smartly written/acted show. It was a slow burner but somewhere around the mid point of Season 2 is when it really heats up and I was so absorbed by the tale of a mild mannered midle aged Chemistry teacher turned Drug monster psychopath that I watched 3 seasons on 2 weeks, most episodes ended on such a high that you just had to flick over to the next straight away. Only 8 episodes left before it ends but Ill be downloading them next week. :D
I finally got around to watching that. I got hooked! The characers are captivating. I loves watching the changes in attitudes and personalities as the series progressed. I would highly recommend this series.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

I'm actually into re watching One Tree Hill right now on Hulu. I got excited when I saw they had the whole series

Return to “Films and Books”