Any Netflix Lovers Here?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirlerona.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: What's Heartfulness? by Frankie B. Rabbit

Re: Any Netflix Lovers Here?

Post by Chirlerona »

I watched Suits on Netflix over and over, waiting eagerly for every new season, until the final season was over and they announced they won't continue. Now I am on season 5 of How To Get Away With Murder, and I discovered it on Netflix too. Really love Netflix
imaginarilily
Currently Reading: The Perfect Storm
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by imaginarilily »

I love netflix! I just finished watching Bojack Horseman, which I'd highly recommend, and am currently watching She-Ra (for a kids show it's pretty good)
I love their movies- Ballad of Buster Scruggs was great, and they have a wide selection of genres. :D
I guess what frustrates me in general about this whole concept of steaming networks are just how many are coming out- Netflix, prime, hulu, and how it's impossible to just have one service with every tv or movie. maybe in a utopia it'd be possible but for now streaming services are just becoming similar to cable- pay for multiple services in order to have all the media you want. Of all the services I prefer netflix due to how everything is free as opposed to Prime where most of the things require money or for you to buy another service inside of prime.
Bookworm555
Favorite Book: The Name of the Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm555.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Bookworm555 »

I like Netflix, but cannot really find many movies and series of my interest. People nowadays are totally into horrors, murders and nasty, mean aliens, so the film industry is full of this garbage.
The best thing about Netflix is that it's free of ads and commercials and you can pause anytime and as long as it suits you. I find Gaia even better because it simply meets my interests with all the "crazy" topics they cover there :lol:
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

can't say I love it, but I like it though, its movies and shows are noteable.
Georgephilips
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgephilips.html
Latest Review: Finding Jehovah by Azrael Levi

Post by Georgephilips »

Yeah I love Netflix. The whole idea of netflix is awesome bring entertainment at a low cost.
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by _claudi_ »

Sure! Netflix has made access to movies very easy combined with being age to choose a preferred genre.
MichelleR92
Currently Reading:

Post by MichelleR92 »

My favorite part about Netflix is no commercials. It gets so addicting though once you start a show. Just can't stop watching sometimes. My latest show is designated survivor. But I dislike when Netflix asks me if I'm still watching it. Of course I am lol so continue playing. Netflix also has a variety of good shows and movies. Never a boring moment with Netflix.
Reading jay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Reading jay »

I love Netflix too the problem I have is deciding what to watch , it takes me a long time to decide, sometimes I plan to watch something then watch something else, I like all kinds of movies drama documentaries, I like watching movies we used to watch when we were kids, from the 80s and 90s , Netflix is a good all rounder for the whole family,
angelanikkicea
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelanikkicea.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by angelanikkicea »

Love Netflix! I am thankful that it's available so that I can watch K-dramas and my favorite movies and series abroad.
Themysteriouskitten
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themysteriouskitten.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland

Post by Themysteriouskitten »

I am in love with Netflix. I mean how can they expect us to wait for the other day to know what happened.
All your scholarship, all your study of Shakespeare and Wordsworth would be vain if at the same time you do not build your character and attain mastery over your thoughts and your actions.
Mahatma Gandhi.
Echezonachukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echezonachukwu.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Echezonachukwu »

Well I like netflix but I dont see myself subscribing every now and then. Sometimes, I might not even use it for the whole of the month
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

The Crown is my all time favorite show on Netflix. It is filled with drama, great cinematography, and twisting plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
AngelicG
Currently Reading: Mindset
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelicg.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by AngelicG »

I love Netflix. My favourite show on there is Stranger Things but there's plenty of good programmes and films on their. My biggest challenge is narrowing down what I want to watch. Because of its popularity amongst friends, I get loads of recommendations and it can feel overwhelming - I can't possibly watch them all!
a_r_egerton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-r-egerton.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by a_r_egerton »

I enjoy Netflix. I recently saw Over the Moon and Sir David Attenborough's A Life on Earth, and I am now watching Legend of Korra.
marksm121

Post by marksm121 »

I am user also of Netflix.

Return to “Films and Books”