Any Netflix Lovers Here?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Kevle37
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Any Netflix Lovers Here?

Post by Kevle37 »

I am! I love netflix. It relieves me and relaxes my mind. I love the new and old movies uploaded there. Movies such as; The Black Swan,The Grey, Teen Wolf Series,Grimm,etc. What about you?
Mariahbenson6
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 371
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariahbenson6.html
Latest Review: Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mariahbenson6 »

I love Netflix!

How did people use to watch TV? Waiting week-to-week for a new episode? Yeah right!

Basically I am always watching The Office. After watching it completely through I will try a new series. Once it is complete or I have become bored, I re-watch The Office.

I have watched The Office six times! Still love it! In case anyone wonders the best episode is 'Stress Relief' (I think it is season 8, episode 12 or 16?) Highly recommend it. Any other Office lovers on here?

I mainly only watch TV series on Netflix. I feel like a movie takes so much time to watch, where as, TV episodes do not take as long. Likewise, I feel like movies storylines end so quickly and are very unevolved compared a complete series. Does anyone else feel this way?
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Movies tell self-contained stories with exceptions where storylines are split into 2 or 3 movies so they have just a few hours at most to develop them. In a TV show a story-arc can be developed over many episodes with great complexity. If they're adapting a book, a TV show offers many more possibilities of development: if you're watching The Expanse - which recently moved to Amazon Video - they introduced important characters before the book versions. With Netflix you can binge watch a whole story-arc while weekly episodes force you to wait for new ones and meanwhile you might forget important details. Yes, Netflix is great!
Ciao :)
Massimo
ENeal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by ENeal »

Oh, I adore Netflix. There are so many hidden gems there. It's also nice to not have to wait forever for the next episode of something. Though I do wish shows were still made with at least 50 episodes. This move to only 10 episodes per season means I spend a lot of time figuring out what to watch next. And I miss the really good shows that won't have any additional episodes. I find myself always saving the movies for moments like these, to hold me over until I decide which show to go to next.
Jlamb17
Currently Reading: Wonder
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Jlamb17 »

I love finding documentaries on Netflix! I really liked Mercury 13
Aishumard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishumard.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Aishumard »

I have such a hard time committing to a tv show when there's so many good books out there, but hey sometimes I do!
I'm currently watching Designated Survivor on Netflix. Only a couple episodes in, but so far so good!
Other series I have followed (all very adult content) are Shameless, Orange is the New Black, and This Is Us.
Reillydunne001

Post by Reillydunne001 »

Yess,I love It to. It always has the best horror and drama movies. In fact,I’m watching the Red Sea right now!lol. I would advise you guys to watch it
DD129
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dd129.html
Latest Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by DD129 »

I love Netflix! It has such a wide variety of shows and movies that there really is something for everyone. My friend and I inevitably end up there when we get bored.
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

Yes. We don't even have cable TV in our house, just a smartTV with Netflix and youtube on it. It's all we need, really.
ShayM08
Currently Reading: The Sound of Spring
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaym08.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by ShayM08 »

Netflix is amazing!

Growing up I only had 4 channels (I grew up in a tiny town and slightly poor) and missed out on so much! I was always hearing about this show or that show. Finally, they were all (sort of) compiled into one location that I, as an adult, finally had access to.

I constantly binge-watch shows from years ago as well as newer ones and I have fallen in love with the concept of an episodic story. I rarely watch movies anymore. If I do it's something big like Star Wars or Marvel, but my heart is with the shows created for regular viewing.
Blu1983
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Blu1983 »

Netflix was my company when i was hospitalised for sometime.

I have been hearing about netflix but i am not totally impressed because they dont have the very latest movies.
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

In college, I had a subscription and binge-watched all of Teen Wolf, Carmen Santiago, The Dragon Prince and begun watching Big Mouth on. I wish they had a larger collection but I'm happy I had the subscription as that's how I found out about Chinese dramas.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I do love Netflix most of the time. It plus Crave are the only two ways that I can watch any type of shows of movies but there is such a huge selection sometimes it’s really hard to make choices.
Bothofus07
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bothofus07.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by Bothofus07 »

Netflix is probably the first choice for streaming at our house. Some of their original content is amazing. Stranger Things, Series of Unfortunate Events, The Highwaymen were all very well done.
oscarhowarth13

Post by oscarhowarth13 »

I am just in love with Netflix because of the quality of content which they deliver to us. It is amazing. And right now, I am watching Riverdale Season 4.

Return to “Films and Books”