What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
GSRobinson5718
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Post by GSRobinson5718 »

I just finished Dean Koontz's The City. It was a great blend of fantasy, thriller and mystery. It had all the elements of a good movie: great characters, a fast-moving plot, enough action to keep it going, and a little something for the special-effects guys to work with.
elkington

Post by elkington »

I'd love to see an adaptation of Brave New World on the big screen :)
themistymountain
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themistymountain.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by themistymountain »

I would love to see them make the Binding of the Blade Series (By L.B Graham) made into a movie series. It would be a long movie series...but I think it'd be really neat to watch.
Bill
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bill.html
Latest Review: "Magpie" by Paul Jameson

Post by Bill »

Wool by Hugh Howey.
Latest Review: "Magpie" by Paul Jameson
kelmai

Post by kelmai »

I am Legend by Richard Matheson, but actually true to the book and not the way they did it in the Will Smith film
jhmende
Currently Reading: The Bible
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhmende.html
Latest Review: "Blowing Sandstorm" by Horace Crenshaw, Jr.

Post by jhmende »

I know it's already been made into one, but it was a while ago: I would love to see a new film adaptation of Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451."
Latest Review: "Blowing Sandstorm" by Horace Crenshaw, Jr.
Loren-KoCam

Post by Loren-KoCam »

I would love to see Looking for Alaska by John Green on the big screen, it's one of my favorite books. If it came to happen it would make me worry because the other John Green film adaptations haven't been as loyal to the plot line and character descriptions as I would've imagined.
P_sniff

Post by P_sniff »

Any Sarah Dessen book... Even if it would be only to satisfy my inner-girly cravings. If I had to pick- I'd say Saint Anything, or The Moon and More. Those would be very cool to see on the big screen. Or more so, House Rules- Jodi Picoult :D
karenistah
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Bookshelf Size: 26
Publishing Contest Votes: 1

Post by karenistah »

I know there's already a movie adaptation of Jane Eyre back in 2010 or 2011, (I can't really remember the exact year). But I would love to see it again in the big screen with new characters. I prefer Hailee Steinfeld play as Jane Eyre. How about you guys? :techie-studyinggray:
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

I would love to see a movie of Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. haha...!
Cassie[001]

Post by Cassie[001] »

Definitely The Night Circus, I can just see that imagery coming to life, what a beautiful story.
jleecarlson
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jleecarlson.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by jleecarlson »

I've just found the Kate Redman mystery series by Celina Grace. Each book is a pretty short read, usually taking 2-3 hours for me. They're short enough to keep a steady pace with no real lulls in the actions, but long enough where you still get to know the characters and become invested in them. I think they're pretty well formatted for movies already. Plus they're great stories!
meg_may
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by meg_may »

The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan - enjoyable storylines with likable characters throughout.
rossalfred

Post by rossalfred »

It seems I published this on another line, but one I would like to see created into a film is Bill Wish Hodgsons Home on the Borderland. If it was done right it would be a excellent one. Its about an old man who it transferred into the upcoming and into different measurements.
captain-rina
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-captain-rina.html

Post by captain-rina »

I'm currently finishing up the mortal instruments series I would like them to make the rest of the books into movies although I feel that the movie they did make for the first book could have been casted better. however i did like most of the effects they used for the creatures and such, but definitly would like to see the rest of the series in movie form regardless of cast

Return to “Films and Books”