What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Audioslaver17
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 14">Father Night</a>
Currently Reading: Codex
Bookshelf Size: 649

Re: What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Post by Audioslaver17 »

I would love to see a film version of Terry Hayes thriller, 'I Am Pilgrim'. He has previously wrote scripts for second and third outing for Mel Gibson as Mad Max, but 'I Am Pilgrim', would make a brill film, if put in the hands of a Director who won't delete any of the real plotline. The film rights have been acquired, so watch online for more details.
Luv Tomes
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Luv Tomes »

Shug
This book by jenny han captures the perfect emotions of a girl in her pre teens and seeing it made into a movie would be a good experience because it helps us realise how a girl living in a disjointed family goes ahead with her day to day life, her fears, her likes and the abnormalities in her supposedly normal life. This being said, if it is to be made into a movie, it should be made to perfection because changing even one part of the book could mess it all up.
BookWorm_Athlete
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom

Post by BookWorm_Athlete »

I would say the Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer, but they would probably cut out the little things that make the story so much more interesting. And they would probably skip too much otherwise the movie would be too long. But I don’t mind watching each movie for 4 hours :lol2: :D
stanley219

Post by stanley219 »

The Rangers Apprentice series written by Australian author John Flanagan.I wish Ruins of Gorlan to be turned into a movie.It finishes a major story arc.It is a fantasy book that I enjoyed pleasantly.The story is based about three teenagers but mainly focuses on Will,the ranger's apprentice and Boris who is training to be a warrior.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I would love to see the Selection Series as a Movie.
Victoria8191
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Victoria8191 »

I would either like to see The Night Circus or the “A Discovery of Witches” series. I feel like Tim Burton would have a field day with The Night Circus; and A Discovery of Witches was one of the best series I’ve ever read.
ixora
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ixora.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by ixora »

I would really like to see any of Susanna Kearsley's books be made into movies or even drama series
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I would like to see "The House of Night" series turned into a movie. I think they would make a good movie.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
glitterrain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glitterrain.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by glitterrain »

Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, or Spider Robinson's Callahan series in general. The books are challenging and comforting at the same time, and I think the world needs a movie whose tagline is "Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased."
Angel West
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angel-west.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Angel West »

Another "Gone with the Wind" fan who both read the book and saw the movie repeatedly. Named my daughter Ashlie and if I'd had another child, would have named it Rhett. But I'd love to see "Confederacy of Dunces" made into a movie. I heard some talk of it, but that was before Katrina. Wonder who could play Ignatious.......Jim Carrey?
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

I'd like to see "Leap of Faith" by Danielle Steel made into a movie because it's my best.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

I would also love to see any of Diane Chamberlain's novels turned into movies.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
TaffHarrod

Post by TaffHarrod »

I always thought The Partner by John Grisham would be a great movie if it had the right cast. A great character piece and an enjoyable story. There was a movie in the works at one point. I just looked it up and apparently it may be made into a TV series by Fox but unless it's a mini series I can't really see it working out. (Although in saying that the book had a nice open ending for a sequel)
Oliviaglosson

Post by Oliviaglosson »

I would really like "nearly gone" to be made into a film, it's a great YA thriller and I would love to see each character played out on the big screen!!!
Whippet
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whippet.html
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Whippet »

Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli.
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Return to “Films and Books”