What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Cora Oquinn
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cora-oquinn.html

Re: What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Post by Cora Oquinn »

I would love to see The Voice Of The Blood .. I've thought for years it would make a excellent movie . If anyone has not read it I highly recommend it.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I'm a huge fan of Chanda Hahn's "An Unfortunate Fairy Tale" series. The storyline in my opinion was really clever and enjoyable and fun to read and I think it would be so great to see it turned into movies.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Alylynn317
Currently Reading: Every Last Word
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alylynn317.html

Post by Alylynn317 »

The Lux Series and The Covenant Series by Jennifer L Armentrout and The Jessica Darling Series by Megan McCafferty would be awesome TV show series!! A movie though...I feel like those are best with stand alone books. I would say maybe Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma, or I'll Give you The Sun by Jandy Nelson would be good picks!
Mishi_Wishi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mishi-wishi.html

Post by Mishi_Wishi »

The abundance of Katherines by John green
willpadilla86

Post by willpadilla86 »

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. I'd love to see this as a movie. Unfortunately, stretching my imagine as far as I can, I don't see how it could be done and still do the book justice. I think there's just far too much story withing those pages.
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

I would really love to see Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn made into a movie. Her two other books, Gone Girl and Dark Places have been adapted into films and i couldn't wait to see my top favorite book from her turned into a movie as well. Shark Objects is a dark book and i would love to see how it will play out in the big screen. I've heard that they will turn this into a mini tv show but there's really no update so far which is quite disappointing.
Novelbound
Currently Reading: She Walks These Hills
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novelbound.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Novelbound »

I think The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah could be an excellent movie in the right hands. I did read an article from last year about possibly making it into a movie, but not sure if anyone did go through with it or not. I haven't heard anything recent.
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html

Post by lolashoes »

Novelbound wrote:I think The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah could be an excellent movie in the right hands. I did read an article from last year about possibly making it into a movie, but not sure if anyone did go through with it or not. I haven't heard anything recent.
Oh my god, i love this book as well! I cried so much reading this book, some parts were just too heavy and emotional. It's been awhile since i read this but now that you reminded of it, I'm thinking of rereading the book! :)
Courtney7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney7.html

Post by Courtney7 »

I would like to see, "It all started with an apple" by Ashley Winters... made into a movie. The book is one of my all-time faves and would definitely recommend this!
Jilliebean88

Post by Jilliebean88 »

Sonia Galloway wrote:Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series (time travel)
This is an excellent TV series on Starz!

-- 04 Aug 2016, 16:56 --

I think A Discovery of Witches would make a great TV mini series.
Pagebound
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pagebound.html

Post by Pagebound »

I have so many "favorite" books that I would liketo see as films. But at the same time I don't want it because the book is always better than the movie. And the movies can't fit everything in just two hours.
_Briana_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briana.html

Post by _Briana_ »

Six of Crows for sure, it was an amazing book that kept me guessing and involved all the way through! The imagery also made the scenes play out like movies in my head; I think it would be wonderful to see it on a screen!
trangcarot

Post by trangcarot »

Cartoon is one of the entertainment movies that brings happiness and excitement for everyone, especially children.
The first thing is that it always makes you laugh whenever you watch. An example of this is children who is easily attracted by amusement of the cartoon. The second thing is that you can relax after watching if you have a trouble or are sad.
Nowadays, you can watch short clips of cartoons on TV. Its goal catches children' attention. Besides that, it is the way of the product ad.
I think the most important thing is that cartoon creates humour. It makes our life better and more comfortable when having laughtẹr
SquaredFarms

Post by SquaredFarms »

Sarah Addison Allen novels. Magic. Love. Eloquently written.
Ginya
Currently Reading: It Ended Badly
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginya.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Post by Ginya »

Mishi_Wishi wrote:The abundance of Katherines by John green
Don't worry :) I'm sure it is only a matter of time.

-- 10 Aug 2016, 19:32 --

I would love to see some of Peter Straub's novels adapted to the big screen, most especially
Shadowland: a tale of friendship, growing up and redemption that takes place between an all boys prep school where the students are terrorized by the head master and his disturbed son to a summer escape at a residence where an apprenticeship to a magician turns into a greater threat than any the boys had faced before.
A Dark Matter: another story of friendship, growing up and...hey, wait a minute; I found a theme! This time a group of friends is involved, each with their own various personal problems and set in the 70's when the allure of self proposed gurus was hard to resist. All but one are drawn into a plan to enact a complicated magical ritual, unleashing horrendous monsters, ripping tunnels into chaotic alternate realities and even giving one a glimpse of God. This is a story of change, that which comes about as we grow up and that a glimpse into the unknown can have on a soul.
Is it doable? With the right director I'm certain it is! Any takers?
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Return to “Films and Books”