What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Alli Oluwasegun 01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Post by Alli Oluwasegun 01 »

I Will The Rich Also Cry To Be Acted.The Love The Character Nd The Themes.
Tzara Drusak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tzara-drusak.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Tzara Drusak »

The Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep is a favourite of mine because of the focus on teenage life and mythology. I would really love to see this as a movie.
And in the end, we were all just humans... Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald-
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

Anything James Rollins would make an amazing blockbuster. I also think the Pendergast series by Prest and Child would adapt well to the big screen given the scenery and the supernatural elements in most of the novels.
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

I would really love for these three books to be seen on the big screen --- "Penryn & the End of Days” trilogy by Susan Ee: ANGELFALL, WORLD AFTER, and END OF DAYS. I truly am a HUGE fan of this trilogy, so I hope that if ever there would come a time that they would finally make these books into movies, I would just hope and pray that the film production would do justice to portray the story and the characters in the book properly, so as not to ruin these amazing books’ great image.
Emmizzy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emmizzy »

Through the eyes of a dragon it is epic
MsLisa
Currently Reading: Twisted But True
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mslisa.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by MsLisa »

I would like to see 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven' by Mitch Albom turned into a movie. I think there is a movie out but its a made for television movie and doesn't seem to have done the book justice judging by the reviews. One of my literature teachers recommended it to me and I'm glad I bothered to buy it. I usually don't reread my books unless I've forgotten the storyline but I would gladly reread this book anytime.
lindsaysherlock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsaysherlock.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by lindsaysherlock »

Has anyone read the Darkest Minds series? And excited for the movie coming out this summer? I haven't actually read the books but I know a lot of people have and enjoyed them. I hope the movie is great because I'll probably watch it before I read the books.
Caffeinemom4

Post by Caffeinemom4 »

I would love to see all the Pretty Little Liars book series into a movie, that would be awesome!!! It would make all of the Pretty Little Liars fans so incredibly happy!!!!!!!
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

A part of me would love to see Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews adapted but another part of me is terrified that is will be awful. Another one is the Throne of Glass series but again, it needs to be done really well.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
mariepn

Post by mariepn »

As soon as I have finished reading The Selection until The Crown by Keira Cass, I have been wanting a movie adaptation of the series. To begin with, I'm sure it is not just me who have been seeing a chapter in the book into an actual movie scene especially the cheesy ones and of course who does not want to see the courageous and soft America slaying with her amazing sense of fashion. I lived for America and Maxon's love story for who knows how long. The plot is really interesting for it is set in an era where people watch royalties fall in love every step of the way. And also how people fight for what they think is right and just not just for them but for others as well.
NSehra
Currently Reading: Cinderella and Colonel
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by NSehra »

Shiva Trilogy - Amish
If made correctly it could be one of the bestest movie!
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

I was going to say Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie, but apparently the movie was already made. It's so hard to find books that haven't been adapted into films and even harder to find movies that were not books. So, I'm stumped.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

The Secret History, The Great Pretender and The Witch of Portobello
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
casper62775

Post by casper62775 »

I would love to see the Touched Series by Elisa S. Amore done into a movie. This was a great series that keeps you on edge until the last book.
Also the Runes Series by Ednah Walters. Unfortunately she has passed away but her books are so incredible and so emotional to read.
Lastly, The Afterlife Series by Stephanie Hudson. This series is intense. It is a long series of books but I am sure with the right director and screen writer, they could do this justice.
Lesaunti Solomon

Post by Lesaunti Solomon »

I would love to see “I am not your perfect Mexican daughter” or “Monday’s not coming” made into a movie.

Return to “Films and Books”