What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Isaachwells
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaachwells.html

Re: What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Post by Isaachwells »

I would love to see just about anything written by Vernor Vinge. Rainbow's End would be especially good, I think. It deals with the influence that augmented reality (such as Pokemon Go, but way more developed) could have in our lives in the near future, so it would be very prescient.
jordanliz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jordanliz »

I will like to see looking for Alaska by John Green and Gone, a gone novel by Michael Grant, both are one of the best books that I have ever read.
Naomi new

Post by Naomi new »

The books I would love to be made into movies is the rest of the Mortal Instruments series and the Infernal Devices series, because these are my favorite books. They have to be made right though.
princess-bookworm
Currently Reading: Infidel
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princess-bookworm.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by princess-bookworm »

Out by Natsuo Kirino!! This was one of those books I picked up at a little secondhand bookstore for .50 not thinking much about it. It was one of the best books I read in 2016, I loved it! It was dark, interesting, kept me engaged... I think it would make such a good movie! Has anyone read any of her other novels?
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

Sara Gruen's "At Water's Edge." When I first heard that "Water for Elephants" was going to be a movie, I was skeptical. I thought there was no way the film could live up to the standards of the book. While the book is still better, I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. If they could make "At Water's Edge" at the same quality, I would love to see it in a film adaptation.
quietly_reading
Reading Device: B0186FESVC

Post by quietly_reading »

I would absolutely love to see the book Immortal Writers by Jill Bowers. It is such an action-packed read and I think that would be carried over really well to a film, especially all of the fantasy elements in it.
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

Where she went by Gayle Foreman. The first book was made into a movie three years ago and it was beautifully made. Jamie Blackley as Adam was especially amazing and Id love to see the story from his perspective.
Toshia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 912">First Grave on the Right</a>
Bookshelf Size: 513
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toshia.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Post by Toshia »

Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones! Strong female character, witty, sarcasm for days, complex story plots, endless fictional man candy!
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
sheilla the great

Post by sheilla the great »

I would love to watch Wattpad's CHASING RED, and hope it won't turn out to be like 50 Shades of Grey.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I think it would be awesome to see Karen Marie Moning's Fever series turned into a movie. I heard a rumor that someone bought the rights for it.
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

Paulo coelho's The Alchemist deserves to be made into a movie. The book describes human aspects of greed. It also shoes great amount of knowledge by the alchemist
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
afton_moye
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afton-moye.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by afton_moye »

I would love to see The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley turned into a movie. It's about Sabrina and Daphne Grimm who get sent to foster care after their parents vanish one day. Eventually, they are taken in by a long lost grandmother, Granny Relda, who they had been told was dead. The girls, especially Sabrina, are suspicious of this new relative but eventually they are introduced to the family fairytale detective business and come to love Relda. You find out that the Grimms are descendents of the actual Brothers Grimm. And all those characters in bed time stories and fairytales are real and living in an enchanted town called Ferryport Landing. Its a wonderful fantasy book for all ages and I know if directed and casted by the right people it would have a chance to be as popular as Harry Potter. I am so invested in the Sisters Grimm I would be over the moon if they made it into a movie, trilogy or saga.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Michael Davids daudi

Post by Michael Davids daudi »

Kids next door from cartoon network
CNA2018

Post by CNA2018 »

I would like to see the book "Guide to Guardian Angels". I think that the society would like to view the spiritual world that there are higher realms such as guardian angels that do exist aside from the physical world. There are billions of angels everywhere waiting for us to call on them when we need their help. The book will open gateways to people's minds and further broaden their horizons that there is much more than just us human beings here on earth. With much thanks and appreciation.
crystalmcrespo

Post by crystalmcrespo »

I would love to see the house of night series made into a movie. Its an ongoing series with more than just three books in it like your twilight or divergent and are about the same things in certain areas.

Return to “Films and Books”