Have you watched Stranger Things 3?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
starkpages
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starkpages.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Have you watched Stranger Things 3?

Post by starkpages »

I am still on episode 5 but I'm pretty sure I'll get to finish it this day. I've seen some spoilers and I'm so excited and not at the same time. Have you finished it? How was it?
SA2090
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by SA2090 »

Still have to watch 1 and 2 lol
bello22
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello22.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling
Reading Device: B01LWAM0V1

Post by bello22 »

Haven’t watched 3 yet, didn’t even know it was out😐. Off to go look for it🏃🏾‍♀️🏃🏾‍♀️
Chadsgirl1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chadsgirl1 »

I've seen all of 3 and I must say it had me on the edge of my seat. I cried, yelled and cheered for my favorite characters. I'm hoping theres a 4.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

I have heard so many good things about Stranger Things. I am super excited to start this series!
~Roxie~
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

I watched it and loved it!! The Mind Flayer is SUCH a creepy monster. I loved the inclusion of Alexei, he was such a sweetheart. Sad for Billy though, and don't even get me started on Hopper. Although who knows what's coming next.
cassibear13

Post by cassibear13 »

I have watched the entire series and then quickly rewatched it. I love the character growth shown and how the series continued without feeling like it was being drawn out. I was really sad about the character deaths in season 3, I ended the last episode in tears. I really hope that they made a season 4 because I know that I and many others will continue to watch it, but even with the Russian twist in the last episode some of my friends think that the series is done.
E_Sethna

Post by E_Sethna »

starkpages wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 00:56 I am still on episode 5 but I'm pretty sure I'll get to finish it this day. I've seen some spoilers and I'm so excited and not at the same time. Have you finished it? How was it?
I've finished watching the third season of Stranger Things--it was amazing! Fun and thrilling! I watched it with my mom, we enjoyed it so much. We couldn't stop talking about it, and we've come up with so many theories about what they could do for the fourth season. There are a few things they didn't really explain by the end of the third season...I hope we get a fourth!
cassiekeech2019
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: -2
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cassiekeech2019 »

In the process of watching season 3. What a great series. My niece insisted that we watch it with her and I am glad we did.
DD129
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dd129.html
Latest Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by DD129 »

I’ve only watched some of the season, but the few episodes I’ve watched are amazing! The producers really know how to ramp up the suspense.
Dan_Wellock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-wellock.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Dan_Wellock »

I did watch Stranger Things 3. I liked it a lot. However, it is extremely interesting how the show has gotten so popular. There have been a lot of other amazing shows that did not receive the same acclaim. It must be that it appealed to adults who grew up in the 80s and their children.
“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray :techie-studyinggray:
Wisdom begins in wonder.” Socrates :techie-reference:
Lee-Ann20
Currently Reading: Lovely War
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-ann20.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Lee-Ann20 »

Chadsgirl1 wrote: 24 Jul 2019, 08:42 I've seen all of 3 and I must say it had me on the edge of my seat. I cried, yelled and cheered for my favorite characters. I'm hoping theres a 4.
There better be a 4!!! I want to know who the American is!! I have so many theories, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone here who hasn't watched it yet!!!
Lee-Ann20
Currently Reading: Lovely War
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-ann20.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Lee-Ann20 »

Dan_Wellock wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 17:05 I did watch Stranger Things 3. I liked it a lot. However, it is extremely interesting how the show has gotten so popular. There have been a lot of other amazing shows that did not receive the same acclaim. It must be that it appealed to adults who grew up in the 80s and their children.
I also find it very interesting how the 80's reboots have become very popular. I work with teens, some do watch this show with their parents, some do not at all. Sabrina and Riverdale (a spin off of Archie) are also very popular with this group and their parents are kinda split if they watch or even know about the shows. There are books out for all the shows and I suggest them for reading and the parents sometimes have no idea about the popular culture their kids are into (scary!) and some want to read the books too.
Simina Dinca
Currently Reading: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simina-dinca.html
Latest Review: Seven at Two Past Five by Tara Basi

Post by Simina Dinca »

Haven't watched it yet. I am waiting for a lighter period in order to be able to watch it all in one weekend :lol2:
zeleonora

Post by zeleonora »

I was really excited about this season.
I loved everything about both s1 and 2, so I just couldn't wait!
I enjoyed the third one, but I must be honest and say that it took me a while to really get into it.
The first 3 episodes didn't completly catch my interest, however I went on and yes, it was worth it!
Loved the character developments, the plot and the finale, eventho it broke my heart. :?

Return to “Films and Books”