EndGame..... Thoughts..?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Re: EndGame..... Thoughts..?

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

KatCguD wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 19:59 I'm still not over this movie. It basically ripped my heart out and I'm not okay.

I will say though, I really disliked how they gave Tony Stark a daughter. She was basically a plot device to compound the sadness of his story line. Aside from that, I think it was a good movie. Not the best of the Marvel films, but not at all the worst either
That was the first thing I said when I walked out of the cinema: "I am not okay".
Free to reflect 1220
Currently Reading: The Gate
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Free to reflect 1220 »

I loved endgame movie now also it has a hangover on me and this movie last part also talk about women empowerment each i support .it's each every character is every powerful l got love this movie which is my first Avenger movie and liked it's each an every part ,☺️☺️
Dtayl
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dtayl »

Hutygags wrote: 20 Jul 2019, 19:29 The Avengers have been apart of my soul since I was a five year old in 1990. So, I was already sentimentally primed to love enjoy the movie. But I am also difficult to please. So, here are my two major nitpicks.

1) I was glad to hear Captain America finally say, "Avengers assemble." I was confused by the choice to say "assemble" so softly that maybe four people out of the army surrounding him would be able to hear it.

2) The "girl power" moment frustrated me, because it did not work on its own level. Spider-Man asks Captain Marvel how she would get the glove where she needs to get it. The answer comes that she's not alone. She is then surrounded by only women who assist her. But she's the Superman of this universe. She didn't need assistance. A girl with a spear, a melee weapon, cannot assist her. Neither could a guy, if he had a spear. Furthermore, I understand that they wanted to set up a moment for Iron Man to sacrifice himself, but this beat had me wondering why Captain Marvel didn't put the glove on and snap her fingers herself.
Yessss if she’s the most powerful she hypothetically should have shown it, I understand the sacrifice was Tony’s to make since the original avengers with him getting the visions, but no sacrifice was required, also the best part of the movie hands down, is captain picking up mjolnir and using lightning showing us the closing gap between gods and man, a human could be worthy so they must not be inferior to the gods.
osigele-favour11
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by osigele-favour11 »

There is a lot of things to say about Endgame... I was really shocked when Tony stark die. It was so emotional. But WELL worth the watch..I don't know what will come out of the next avenger buh I feel it will be very intense and can't wait to watch
Megapede
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megapede.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Megapede »

GC50 wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 11:18 I really loved Avengers:Endgame, I think it is the best film Marvel has ever produced and it was the best way to close this three phases.
I loved to see this characters' evolution and how Marvel finished their stories, but I am a little bit worried of what is coming next. I think that Marvel can't reproduce what they did before and I'm afraid they'll try that and they'll ruin this amazing universe. Maybe they should stop now before it is too late.
The MCU is one of my favorite cinematic universes and this film definitively made me cry.
I think so too but Endgame was the Capstone of the Infinity Saga and so I hope they do better in the following Sagas.

I saw this description online that to me is the essence of Endgame.
"A single man stood alone before destiny. A universe came together to stand by his side."
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

I love it -- though I can't tell if it's mainly because of nostalgia or the content itself, and though I can't deny that though a lot was fan service, I have to say I enjoyed the blatant fan service as well!
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

The EndGame is a must watch movie if you want to see all the original Marvel characters for the last time. It's hard to see Black Widow and Ironman dies, but at least it shows the reality. I salute Captain America for choosing to go back to his first love and grow old, not everyone will make that kind of decision. Sometimes, I also felt that it's a bit boring, especially when they keep on changing the past. What if they did not go back, and almost all of them died. What will happen then?
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
AADavies
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The house of Silk
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aadavies.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by AADavies »

I loved the time heist! It was very fun. Where is all the fan fic of the Alternative Universe Avengers scratching their heads over what just happened? Seriously, please tell me if you know.

I didn't love Steve abandoning Bucky to go back in time, though. What happened to the "end of the line" etc.? Does that mean nothing to you, Russo brothers?? Still, I absolutely thought they were going to kill Steve off, so I definitely preferred this outcome to that. And Sam as Captain America will be awesome!

Also, I love Tom Holland so much. Spider man got to have a hug with Tony! It melted my heart. And those little clips of everyone reuniting... (Peter and Ned! Awww). Scott coming back and reuniting with his daughter was also so satisfying. I have been on tenterhooks worrying about him since AMATW.

(Also, wasn't it eerily prescient? With the whales in the Hudson and pollution down due to the sudden disappearance of tons of people...)
Marina-S-M1
Currently Reading: The Song of Achilles
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-s-m1.html
Latest Review: Who Says, Women Can't Lead? by James Rondinone

Post by Marina-S-M1 »

I am most excited about the upcoming tv shows and the Doctor Strange sequel. I have no clue what's coming with phase 4 or where the story is headed, but I'm maintaining a positive state of mind :)

I still don't know how I felt about Endgame. I was so sad about Tony, but I knew Ironman's story was coming to a close. I hope that some of the original Avengers will still get cameos, whether that's in the Disney+ shows or in future movies (like in flashbacks). I also wonder how they're going to top Thanos with another villain!! Anyone have any theories??
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I loved Endgame, but I liked Infinity War better. It's sad to see a generation of heros gone from the universe (even if the multiverse still exists it's not the same). Also, does anyone else feel like Steve shouldn't have gone back to Peggy. It seemed like he was finally getting used to the normal life, but then they have to destroy that entire arch.
sevillagirl18
Currently Reading: China rich girlfriend
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevillagirl18.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by sevillagirl18 »

MOST. PERFECT. MOVIE. EVER. The scene where all the heroes come out of Dr. Strange's portals gave me chills. What a perfect culmination of 10 years of filmmaking. I'm definitely most excited to piece together the clues to try to figure out who the next big bad is!
wildg7422
Currently Reading: Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by wildg7422 »

I just love the movie andwatch it frequently.
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Julie-p »

Amazing CGI and it was a good movie to see. But the plot was really predictable. And I hated what happened to the Black Widow and Captain America characters, they deserved better.
Mweemba macha
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mweemba macha »

It was really a movie worth watching..
But the question still remains .."does it mean that's the end of iron man in the avengers or he will be brought back by some means once again". This question always sticks in my mind
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I loved most of the endings, except Cap's. He worked so hard to get Bucky back and get over Peggy, and near the end he seems to have overcome those challenges. And then, he just decides to jump back to stay with Peggy. It just doesn't seem in character. I think Phase 4 will be a lot more around the younger avengers and I'm personally really excited about the implementation of the multiverse.

Return to “Films and Books”