What was the movie that annoyed you after watching it?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
anita1994
Currently Reading: One of Us Is Lying
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anita1994.html
Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham

Re: What was the movie that annoyed you after watching it?

Post by anita1994 »

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013) left me too disappointed, because it was so different from the book.
But also Pitch Perfect 3, The Perfect Date, The Last Summer, Let's Be Cope, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms To Rome with Love, Eat Pray Love, Mirror Mirror, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (the tv series was better)
Victoriap123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Victoriap123 »

The movie "War, Inc." with John Cusack. I couldn't finish watching until the end, because the movie itself was confusing to me. The plot was all over the place, jumbling from one topic to another, and I couldn't keep up with it. I really like movies with John Cusack, but this one was very odd.
Lizy2427

Post by Lizy2427 »

The movie that annoyed me after watching it was black Christmas. Honestly I didn't like it at all because I think it was too classic
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

Oof. A lot! Anything pretentious. I hate it when a movie has a vague ending and somehow we just have to presume it is "art" instead of just attributing it to lazy writing. The Platform is the most recent that I watched that comes to mind.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

I watched a Tamil movie recently which was extremely annoying in almost every aspect.
Vumana16
Currently Reading: Mixed Blessings
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vumana16.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Vumana16 »

The Florida Project. The movie was beautifully made and perfect in every way. I was completely invested in the story. And then the ending ruined it completely. It was the dumbest ending I've ever seen, but the annoying part was that it destroyed a masterpiece.
“Even if you’ve always been that

Barely-in-the-background kind of guy

You still matter.”
Dear Evan Hansen
Val Emmich
TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Cartouches, Field Guide and Identification Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: Basic Training for the Self-Publishing Battlefields by Lewis Kempfer

Post by TopaAzul062 »

Avatar the Last Airbender movie, not the one with Na'vi. While I enjoyed the show the movie left much to be desired and felt like production was rushed. The second Mortal Kombat live action movie which failed in comparison to it first counterpart.

Just about any movie with questionable decision making scenes like those in survival horror films with groups where, for whatever reason, it takes a whole group to investigate one thing; even worse when a member of the group is injured and left isolated while the others go to investigate.
a_r_egerton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-r-egerton.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by a_r_egerton »

Ferris Bueller's Day Off annoyed me. Yes, parts of it were funny, but the protagonist was a smug jerk who needed to be taken down a peg or three.

I saw only the first Percy Jackson movie, and I remember being irritated by the decision to make the leads teenagers.
Lia A
Favorite Book: Aurora Rising
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lia-a.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Lia A »

The Last Airbender and both of the Percy Jackson Movies made me so annoyed and disappointed. They were both live-action remakes that were butchered so terribly. The Last Airbender had lots of plot holes and inconsistencies. The Percy Jackson movies just left me confused.
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

yimei1209 wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 12:04 Both Percy Jackson movies. I love Percy Jackson books so much, but the movies left me disappointed and angry.
I completely agree with you. The five books are very well written and the movies just...I can't say it here. Rick Riordan is probably setting the movies on fire.
Chiagbanwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiagbanwe.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Chiagbanwe »

Rivals.
It's a Philippine telenovela. Hated the ending. One of my favourite characters just died off. Huh!
MilaThegoddess
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milathegoddess.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by MilaThegoddess »

Mean girls 2...
I loved the first one and I love Tina Fey. I’m not sure if the second one is directed by her but I was so disappointed.
Raj Tarrobal
Currently Reading: Little Bluebird

Post by Raj Tarrobal »

Probably Narnia I hated it when I was a kid
keiyoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keiyoshi.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by keiyoshi »

A movie called Wiener Dog. I never thought a dog-related movie would do so much as annoy me, but the movie just did it. We learn new things everyday.
DeyaMor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deyamor.html
Latest Review: Operation Olive Tree by Jemil Metti

Post by DeyaMor »

mrnobody3 wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 10:29 Definitely captain marvel. I know some of marvel fans enjoyed the movie but I didn't. The plot was a mess especially the scene on how nick fury lost his eye. I was very disappointed because the main reason I watched captain marvel because I wanted to know nick fury's past. Her character was also bland and unlikeable that I found extremely annoying despite on how powerful she was. The only good thing about the movie was any scenes that included Goose the cat.
I totally agree with you here. I just found her character unlikable, overpowered and the story is confusing. I also wanted to see more Nick Fury and wanted to see more Agent Coulson.

Return to “Films and Books”