Movies that were better than their books

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
hillajax
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Movies that were better than their books

Post by hillajax »

"Fifty Shades of Grey" was a great movie, the character Christian Grey played by Jamie Dornam was able to express the dark emotions of Troubled Soul, I like everything about this character. But in some way Anastasia Steele was a very strong character played by Dakota Johnson, a Protagonist was also very interesting role. I'm not saying the movie was better than book but not less than book.
AK413
Currently Reading: Circling the Sun
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak413.html

Post by AK413 »

The Princess Bride! my favorite movie of all time, and I was just not that into parts of the book.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

There's a Bollywood movie called "3 idiots" which I thought was better than it's book 5 point someone.
MsJMentions
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msjmentions.html
Latest Review: "Crossing in Time" by D.L. Orton

Post by MsJMentions »

Should I Stay was wayyyyyy better than its book!
Latest Review: "Crossing in Time" by D.L. Orton
MarieMc
Currently Reading: Host
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariemc.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MarieMc »

I can think of two books and movies that I thought were both superbly done. "Gone with the Wind" and "To Kill a Mocking Bird". I loved the books and I loved the Movies. I don't know that I can say the movie was 'better' than the book, but certainly just as good.
Today is a good day
to have GOOD day!!
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Silvermoon wrote:Although this is rare, I thought the movie Holes was better than the book.
I would have to agree with that view. I didn't care for the book, watched the movie because my kids wanted to and then ended up buying it!
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Ktrina02

Post by Ktrina02 »

The Notebook
EternalShadow

Post by EternalShadow »

The Giver was much better as a movie than a book in my opinion. It wasn't a bad book but I couldn't get interested in it. The movie however I have watched numerous times.
kappelhanz

Post by kappelhanz »

I've found in my experience that typically the book is ALWAYS better, however I really enjoyed "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" more entertaining than reading the book this time.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

It's not a movie, but I think The Vampire Diaries television series was better than the books. I just prefer the way they portrayed Elena in the series over the way she was portrayed in the books.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I remember reading "What Dreams May Come" by Richard Matheson and the book really fell flat for me. I have always been a big fan of Robin Williams so when the movie came out I had to see it. I thought the movie was so much more emotional and had much more meaning than the book. For me, the film format worked much better than the book format.
IReadJSherman
Currently Reading: 50 More Hikes in New Hampshire
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by IReadJSherman »

I have trouble watching any violence. So I decided to read ,the Last of the Mohicans, by Philip Dunne, instead of watching the movie. I took this book with me to the airport. I had a long layover. I could not get past the depth of detail. Later, I rented the movie more than once.
Jules16
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jules16 »

I know this is not technically a movie, but I believe the tv show Vampire Diaries was better than the book series. After reading many of the books in the series, I became so annoyed with many of the characters but the show had a lot of action and was fast-paced, which I liked.
Adamandia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 17">bloody earth</a>
Currently Reading: Stalked by love
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamandia.html

Post by Adamandia »

Nothing came to mind until I saw some of the posts above and I would have to agree with Godfather. Great movie!!!
Kiekow15
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiekow15.html

Post by Kiekow15 »

It's an unpopular opinion, but I personally liked The Fault in Our Stars better as a movie than as a book.

Return to “Films and Books”