What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

Wajizz wrote: 21 May 2018, 08:05 The last movie i watched was 'Me Before You'.. :cry:
I feel you. :cry: I went through the most watching that movie. At one one point I was laughing like I was mad and then I was crying like a baby.
biscuits
Favorite Book: Life is an open secret
Currently Reading: How to win and influence people
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biscuits.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by biscuits »

The last movie I saw was 'The Foreigner". I'd give a 4/5
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

Last i watched - Brawl in Cell Block 99.
So violent, so graphic. It's fantastic.
stars vince vaughn playing completely against type and if you like a bit of graphic violence then i would highly recommend you see it asap. not for those with weak stomachs.
zaldua91
Currently Reading: House of Dark Shadows
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by zaldua91 »

The last movie I saw was The Ghost in the Darkness, starring actors Val Kilmore and Kurt Douglas.

The movie is just one of those movies that hooks you, that and knowing its based on a true story. Seeing something amazing such as these killer lions in the Chicago Museum would be just heart stopping.

I would rate it 8/10.
Falcon0071
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Falcon0071 »

Last movie I saw was Deadpool 2... It was awesome .... Especially the dialogue "You're so dark are you sure you're not from DC universe"
And when Wade/ Ryan defends canada! 😂😂😂
selwynlance
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman

Post by selwynlance »

I saw the movie Passion Of Christ. All the actors played their roles to perfection, specially Jim Caviezel who portrayed Jesus. He put himself totally in the character of Jesus as depicted in the Bible. The surrounding, clothing and culture during that era were fully justified by the direction of the film. Scenes of the Crucification of Jesus were so heartbreaking and Jim Caviezel immersed himself totally into the role, it felt like I was thrown back into time and actually witnessing the crucification of Christ first hand and could just not hold back the flood of tears that just poured out like a running stream of water. Every dialogue was well scripted and played perfectly by all the actors. It was a realistic experience for me rather than just another movie. Im sure this movie is one to watch with focus and would gain the appreciation of the audience. It is a movie to watch, as it is also a religious learning experience that possibly covers the entire new testament of the bible in a couple of hours. I rate this movie 9 out of 10. One should also follow the amazing things that were highlighted by Jim Caviezel after the movie which he experienced during the filming of the movie.
Mahroze kiani

Post by Mahroze kiani »

I saw Black panther yesterday...
It was awesome and was really a different super hero movie to watch where a world inside this real world was shown...
I would recomend everyone to watch this epic piece!!
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dtb »

I saw RGB, the Ruth Bader Ginsburg documentary, last weekend. It was great. I was amazed at her life story. I rate it four stars!
silencer14

Post by silencer14 »

I saw Deadpool 2 and I loved it
Kitten69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitten69.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kitten69 »

That is a terrific question to ask everyone. The last movie that I saw was Daddy's Home 2. I thought that the movie was hilarious and well built around the concept of continuing the story line from the first movie. I am a big Mark Walhberg fan and he certainly plays his part in the movie as one of two main characters, with all the finesse and method acting that anyone could possibly manage. I don't know if any of you have watched the first one, but if not it is a must see if you like comedies. Enjoy everyone.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I don't go much to theatres so, I watch movies with my laptop. Last movie I watched recently is The Greatest Showman, which is a musical movie. I enjoyed it really well and would like to rate it 4 out of 4
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:

Post by alisonedgee »

have just watched ‘i saw the devil’
really cool revenge thriller/horror, where the lead seeking revenge doesn’t kill his enemy but keeps letting him go so he lives in constant fear. it’s brilliant.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

I saw The Avengers: Infinity War a few days ago. Still trying to recover from the shock. :text-nocomment:
Berry :wine:
Lynntabet

Post by Lynntabet »

Yesterday I watched home again, it’s an amazing movie , really funny.
I would rate it between 8 and 9
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:

Post by alisonedgee »

mxrix15 wrote: 12 May 2018, 07:20 The last movie I saw was “The Age of Adaline.” To be honest I didn’t expect much when I read the synopsis but let me tell you once I began watching the movie, I was entranced!!! There were when I wanted to slap some characters! The movie takes you on such an emotional roller coaster! I couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen it earlier.

I would rate it 7.5/10

had the exact same thing - low expectations but really pleasantly surprised

Return to “Films and Books”