Which movies made you want to read the book?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
strawberrysab
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Re: Which movies made you want to read the book?

Post by strawberrysab » 16 May 2018, 06:49

Libs_Books wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 04:22
The House of Sand and Fog made me want to read the book - and I'm glad I did, but I think this is one case where the film was actually better.
OMG I loved that book and the movie too (drawn by the cast, I admit it!). Also, you're the only person beside me who seems to know it :?
Berry :wine:

Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Anything is Possible
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: The Mathematician's Journey by Anthony Dalton

Post by Libs_Books » 16 May 2018, 11:45

strawberrysab wrote:
16 May 2018, 06:49
Libs_Books wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 04:22
The House of Sand and Fog made me want to read the book - and I'm glad I did, but I think this is one case where the film was actually better.
OMG I loved that book and the movie too (drawn by the cast, I admit it!). Also, you're the only person beside me who seems to know it :?
That makes us part of a select club of two, then. :) Not counting the friend who lent me the book, but hadn't seen the film.

love_b00ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-b00ks.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by love_b00ks » 16 May 2018, 19:48

The Notebook. I think it is a good movie but there are the back stories that cannot be accurately shown in the movie and the character's thoughts are also often not portrayed, unlike when they are in a book.

kjs237
2018 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Joyland
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjs237.html
Latest Review: The Last City of America by Matthew Tysz

Post by kjs237 » 20 May 2018, 10:04

One of my favorite movies is Practical Magic. I discovered the book by Alice Hoffman after I'd seen the movie. Normally, the book is better than the movie. But this time, I found that the differences between the book and the movie ended up making me like the movie more. The book was actually difficult for me to finish because I found it wordy and boring in places but I pushed myself get get to the end anyway.

MackenziePerez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MackenziePerez » Yesterday, 00:53

Which movies made you want to read the book?

The first movie that I saw that was a book adaptation was Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief after I watched the movie I begged my mom to get me a copy of the book, I finished it in a span of a week and I could say so for my 10-year-old self that I liked the book better than the movie.

Another movie that I watched that was actually adapted from a movie was Mortal Instruments as I finished the movie I wondered "did those things really happen in the book or what is exaggerated on the screen again?" and I agree with my 13-year-old self when I say, once again, that the book is so much better than the movie.

Nevertheless, I give both movies a 3/10 but the books a 10/10

Aubrey Cana Laine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-cana-laine.html
Latest Review: Dreaming of Daniel by J M Admore

Post by Aubrey Cana Laine » Yesterday, 11:51

I like the movie “The Lovely Bones”. Its fantastic story caught my attention and made me curious of what would it be like to read its book – if it would make me feel the same way as what I’ve felt when seeing its movie or if it’s much better reading it instead.

Return to “Films and Books”