What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Aissha
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Aissha »

Lwyant wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 08:11 I just seen Jumanji, the Cridicks were not to nice tword the film but I thought it had it moments of funny and suspensful. I really liked it. I thought it was great compaired to the first Jumanji...
I watched Jumanji too. I agree with You.
Kakai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Kakai »

Nation geography movies are full of fun. Recently I watched how ice bears can swim in iced ocean water looking for predators. They target sea lion as there meal. They are white and bright colour. Another movie was the jaguar in south America with hunting skills of crocodiles in forest rivers. It's amazing
-Robert
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

The last movie I saw was The Martian and I gave it ten out of ten.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Ernie6988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ernie6988.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Ernie6988 »

I'm trying to remember which movie I saw in Theaters last. I'm pretty sure it was the new Star Wars. Id rate it a 8, because it was clearly not as good as the originals for me. My son really liked it though.
sierra112
Favorite Book: Kite Runner
Currently Reading: American River: Tributaries
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sierra112.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by sierra112 »

I recently saw
Mudbound
and totally loved it. Although, heartbreaking in many ways, it is a movie of substance and truth. Sadly, the reality of racism still darken our lives, the few moments when humanity overcomes this shadow helps us through this amazing story.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

There last movie I saw was Justice League. I didn't care for it but that's not a reflection of the movie, it's a reflection of my disinterest in the superhero-type action flicks.
WorldsOkayest_CatMom
Currently Reading: This is just my face
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by WorldsOkayest_CatMom »

I watched "The Greatest Showman" recently and loved it! I have already recommended it to several friends who love musicals and I can't wait to buy the soundtrack and the DVD when it is available next month.
Jeyasivananth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyasivananth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeyasivananth »

I saw Thor Ragnorak , and I absolutely loved it. I am waiting for Infinity war.
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

Moana! Lol. And definitely 4/4! From the music to the plot to the artkwork it was just amazing. I don't go to the movies often and watch tv shows or listen to podcasts.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

The movies I have seen in the last 24hrs have been
The Disaster Artist
I'd say its a 3/5, I'm a huge fan of The Room, I would really like to read the book. Sadly the movie was a glorified fan project but I still appreciate it.

Downsizing
4/5
It was a lot different than I thought it would be, the story was way deeper than I expected. It makes you really think about the impact that one person can make in a community, even if its just one persons day that you improve.

Justice League
4/5
I adore Ezra Miller as the flash. Too bad that Superman/ henry cavill was almost completely cg. I'm looking forward to the other stand alone movies.
princesswindy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by princesswindy »

Black Panther. I love the diversity of the characters and the introduction to different tribes' culture in the movie is spectacular as well. The superpower and technology don't impress me much, the highlight of the film is its roles of every character, all of whom I adore.
Sierralowery
Currently Reading: City of Bones
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sierralowery »

My most recent movie is The Shape of Water and I absolutely loved it. I immediately hunted down the book and am now reading it.
tirzahhawkins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by tirzahhawkins »

My husband and I have been rewatching some movies on Netflix.
It was fun to rewatch Men in Black, rated PG-13, I believe.
We've been watching a few cartoons lately: Madagascar, rayed G.
And I'm in love with the new live action, Beauty and the Beast, rated pg. That was truly one of the best remakes ever.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

The last movie I saw was The Wind Rises by Hayao Miyazaki. Like most of his recent films, I found it quite mature and interesting, his approach towards a kind of "biopic" refreshing. You can tell that the subject of aviation has been always fascinating to him, his directorial work remarkable as usual, although I'm still not fully convinced regarding the mix of CGI with traditional animation (although there are certain moments that benefit from its use). I give it an 8 out of 10.
shraddharm
Favorite Book: Beyond embarrasment
Currently Reading: The Disembodied
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shraddharm.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by shraddharm »

The latest movie I saw was Black Panther and I loved it. The story was simple but the way it was directed was absolutely marvelous. I liked the special effects in the film and also the actors. :D

Return to “Films and Books”