What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Libs_Books »

I saw Jumanji 2 a couple of weeks ago and would give in 7/10. It's very entertaining and hasn't spoilt my memories of the old Jumanji.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

BLACK PANTHER ! SO GOOD! I normally hate superhero movies but this one was amazing. I was truly thrilled throughout the entire thing.
Jude Austin
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-austin.html
Latest Review: The Palm Reader by Christopher Bowron

Post by Jude Austin »

The most recent movie I saw was Miseinen dakedo kodomo janai (loose translation of the title: I'm a minor, but not a child) I loved it :D I'm not usually a romance type, but one of my favorite actors Yuri Chinen was in it, and the story was surprisingly good
RicReviews
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by RicReviews »

Saw The Armor of God - Part 2, written and directed by Jackie Chan. Saw it today, on my TV at home. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the comedy was superb.
Rate it 5 stars - Superb!:)
WingTaken
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wingtaken.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by WingTaken »

Woo! Movies are great.
Last one I saw was Cinderella, with Lily James and Richard Madden, directed by Sir Kenneth Branagh.

Wow. A truly magical and inspiring film relatively close to the story we all know, but showing a new feature I consider very precious: the message that kindness is more important than anything, and that kindness will get you to a better place. Lily James with her gracious nature is a good casting choice, just like Richard Madden, both talented actors who added a golden veil of happiness to the film. Their portrayal of the characters felt authentic and like the characters can actually be taken as role models for children, I actually believe this is one of the best films for children in the wide ocean of media.
I loved it, every little detail Branagh managed to put into it, and appreciated the overall feeling of it. It is a wonderful thing if you are presented with the evil side (the evil stepmother and the stepsisters) and are aware that they treat Ella miserably but you can still laugh about them and don't feel too scared or terrified.

This film definitely gets a 10/10 from me and my sister, who also loves the film with all her heart.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Warcraft. It was a really good fantasy action movie. I give it a solid 9 out of 10!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
fengaraki77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fengaraki77.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by fengaraki77 »

The last movie i saw was "The post". Let's just say i loved it!!! The first thing is that i love movies that tell true stories. Then we have two of my favorite actors finally in a movie together for the first time. Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks. And the you have for director Steven Spielberg? I mean come on right? You have to see it if you haven't. I rate it 5/5
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
glitterrain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glitterrain.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by glitterrain »

HogSandwich wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 08:29I'm really hoping that Black Panther leads more readers to awesome afrofuturists like Nnedi Okorafor and N K Jemisin. There's some great stuff out there.
Added to my list, thanks for the suggestions!
katherinakay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by katherinakay »

Black Panther movie is my latest watched movie and this is not bad.
Mekkinism
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mekkinism.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Mekkinism »

I really need to see Black Panther! I never watch any movies anymore. The last one that I watched was Thor: Ragnarok. I'd definitely recommend it though, if anyone hasn't gotten around to watching it. It's pretty darn funny.
GeekPizza
Currently Reading: The Golden Compass
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geekpizza.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by GeekPizza »

Just saw Darkest Hour in preparation for the Oscars. It was the last of the Best Pic nominees I hadn't seen.

A historical film about the appointment of Winston Churchill to the position of Prime Minister during the height of the German invasion of France, the movie follows Churchill's uphill attempt to keep Britain in the fight against fascism despite political pressure on all sides to parley with Adolf Hitler and sue for peace in order to protect the safety of the British people. It's a slow-burning political thriller directed by Joe Wright, who directed one of my favourite films, Atonement, but stumbles in his overly polite portrayal of a complicated historical legend. Despite its tight direction and visual artistry, the movie follows the beats of Oscar Bait filmmaking to an unfortunate degree, making a potentially gripping, morally complicated story into something more superficial.

I'd rate Darkest Hour 3.5/5. It's not bad, but not Best Picture material. Watch Atonement instead.
TEECEE33
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TEECEE33 »

Black panther.
This movie has embraced the diverse cultures of Africa. It has embraced the beauty of being a strong, intelligent, beautiful and wise African woman.
It has embraced the beauty of an African forest with its beautiful production that's never intended for harm.
I like the creativity of the places used and the excellent technology used. Maybe we will reach there someday.
Kingship leadership, loyalty, and culture expressed very well, and I particularly like the fact that if those who went before us did wrong, correction better be made.
I have loved the passion of expression of the characters and the songs were African.
Ancestral worship is real in Africa as shown in the movie and I think it was expressed as it probably is.
I give the movie 9/10 .
leafs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leafs.html

Post by leafs »

The last movie I saw was "Murder on the Orient Express". To be honest, it wasn't a movie of my choosing. In the end, I was glad that my friend suggested it. Turned out to be a great movie!
katherinakay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by katherinakay »

Mekkinism wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 12:04 I really need to see Black Panther! I never watch any movies anymore. The last one that I watched was Thor: Ragnarok. I'd definitely recommend it though, if anyone hasn't gotten around to watching it. It's pretty darn funny.
:D Yah. Black Panther expressed the different cultures and believes of unique tribes. Camera angles and performance are very nice. You should watch it.
I like 'Thor and adventures movies as well. :D
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

Lately I saw a Spanish jaw-dropper called 'The Invisible Guest'. It is a thriller and I had low expectations. It totally blew me away. I give it 10 out of 10.

Return to “Films and Books”