What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
DeeEss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deeess.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by DeeEss »

Last movie I watched was Jungle with Daniel Radcliffe... Harry Potter. Very watchable with some cringe worthy jungle realities. It is based on a true story which makes it a worthwhile watch if you are into movies about human's ability to overcome extreme challenges. I would give this movie a 3 out of 4 rating with a warning to the squeamish.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I rewatched Fly Away Home the other day. It's about a girl who finds goose eggs and the goslings all hatch and imprint on her. And it later becomes about how she and her father try to help them fly south for the winter. Great movie, honestly. I've loved it since I was a kid. It was made in 1996.
Jessie118
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Jessie118 »

I believe the last movie I watched, or at least the movie that was most memorable, was "A Dogs Purpose". This was such an adorable movie that made me laugh and cry and just wanting so much more! There was so much emotion and creativity in this film. I rented it not expecting much and soon found myself sobbing. I can easily give this movie an 8/10. It was so sweet and family friendly, perfect for watching with loved ones.
kabanda
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by kabanda »

:shock: the movie is "designated servivor" which shows how the president of the U.S handles matters. i rate it 9 out of 10.
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raksha-rakhecha.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Raksha Rakhecha »

The last I watched was "the shack" based on the book of William P. Young of the same title. I rate this movie 4/5 stars as I could connect with it emotionally. It's about the journey of a dad who lost his daughter. It's about life, its goodness, god, forgiveness and like.
Annamikov
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annamikov.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Annamikov »

It's not really a movie, it's netflix series "Stranger Things". Honestly, at first, I thought that I wouldn't like series about some children, but I'll give it 5 out of 5. It's very engaging and interesting. I would definitely suggest it to others.
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
dancinladybugs
Currently Reading: Never Let Me Go
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinladybugs.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by dancinladybugs »

The Godfather. I'd say 9 out of 10.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Bandrea
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Bandrea »

50 shade of ... Loved it
givemeyrstory

Post by givemeyrstory »

Hi fellow readers/movie watchers.

I am currently watching the series, (BoardWalk Empire). Season 1-2.
Its very well done, there are various stories happening that lick together the whole subject of the Prohibition period in this series, of the 1920s and 30s. Lucky Thompson, the main character seems to quietly and cleverly hold things together in his successful platform of control of the underground business world in the story. Your imagination is teased enough to know what is happening as the wheels of deals are made and not made,
as the various bosses try to collect territory in the different states of America. There is a strong
domestic treat running through the series, in that its complex flavour draws you in for more as the storyline moves along. You will need to watch a few times, and will pick different things along the way.
Hope you get the enjoyment as I did and still do in this series, 1-2 box set is recommended . Thanks! 10/10 :tiphat:
Joy2thenations
Currently Reading: A Ton of Gold
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy2thenations.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Joy2thenations »

I live on an island in the Caribbean with no movie theater. So I plan on living vicariously through all of you! Hahaha
Iluveb22

Post by Iluveb22 »

I just watched “The Post”- it should definitely be of interest to readers of this forum (educated people) because it includes reading (it’s about a newspaper) and is based on historical events. As a bonus, it was neat to see an old-fashioned newspaper printing press and now I am scouring the internet to find one I can see in person!
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Me Before You

Comic/Tragic One of the better movies I've seen lately.

4/5 Stars * * * *
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Kinkini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinkini.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Kinkini »

I watched the American movie Wonder. I watched it for my love of Julia Roberts, and well she did impress as usual. Only mothers like that can raise confident kids like August Pullman. Although I personally feel the movie could have been better, as far as the screenplay is concerned. Overall, it was completely actors' movie, Roberts, Wilson, all of them.
Alexandralb2

Post by Alexandralb2 »

Last Movie I saw was Renegades - Surprisingly good storyline, I enjoyed the whole thing although some of the acting was definitely not the actors best! :-) I would say as always don't watch a movie which has a sport in it that you instruct! All I could do was see all the faults in the scuba diving! But it definitely didn't spoil the movie for me! Great plot involving lost WW2 gold, guns fighting and lots of laughs.
Kiya329
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kiya329 »

The last movie i saw was 'Mother' with Jennifer Lawrence, 'Hunger Games'. It was an interesting take on the world we live in, the creation, and the battle of being human in this world. It was an Aha moment for sure. 4 stars for me :) :) :) :)

Return to “Films and Books”