What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

Najibullah Qanit wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 08:09 Black panther: Wakanda Forever, i think its a very good movie but compared to the first it is worse. i rate it a 3 out of 5!
Yeah, I found it quite slow. Probably, it could have last around one hour less.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I watched The Banshees of Inisherin. What an incredible movie. I lived in Ireland for a few years so I could see the beauty of this movie in the humor, behavior, and lifestyle of the characters. There is an underlying presence of depression in this movie that in my experience is a battle for people living in Ireland. The nuanced references to frustration and being stuck in a small town for too long makes this movie a delicate balance between healthy relationships and the undeniable urge to live a different life. The scenery will take your breath away.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Jurassic Attack. A cheap knockoff of Jurassic Park, about people stranded in a South American jungle with dinosaurs. The CG effects wernt up to much and the script was pretty bad but the actors were pretty good and it was fast paced and entertaining. 3 out of 5.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Ohmy Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Ohmy Book »

A week ago, I watched the last part of the John Wick movie series: John Wick Chapter 4. It was an entertaining and action-packed watch. I rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars. I recommend it to all Keanu Reeves fans. If you have watched it, please let me know.
mrmadam
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mrmadam »

Pans Labyrinth and Attack on police station 13. - OLD original VERSION

Pans Labrinth is made in a great stylistic sense - sounds and shapes in the movie are great - like you are watching Godfather, that great, you just enjoy watching it, but the story is not so good - four stars rating...

Attack on the police station 13 - just masterpiece, its captivating. Must watch. Five stars rating
Bianca Morano
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

The latest movie that I saw is The Whale starring Brendan Frasser. It was such a tear-jerking movie about grief and loss, depression, self-destruction, toxic religious indoctrination, and much more. If I could give it a rating, it would be a perfect 5/5. It's a popular movie that everyone must have already heard about at some point. So I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who haven't watch it yet to see for yourself.
beetlef
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by beetlef »

Last night I saw The Triangle of Sadness and what a ride! I think the "eat the rich" trope is getting a little bit overused by now (Parasite really did a number in filmmaking), but I do think this movie was good and very entertaining. It took turns that I didn't expect and although the ending was a little bit predictable, I had fun! Also, the acting is superb! Very realistic and believable. As an actor myself I was amazed by the actors. 4/5 stars tho because it dragged a little bit by the end, it could've been 20 maybe 30 minutes shorter.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

The last movie I watched {and still watching} is Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I usually do not like series movies but this one is funny!
Salome Ogani
Currently Reading:

Post by Salome Ogani »

Jake is so unserious about everything! I wonder why and how he is considered the best detective. I just wonder how. So much jokes and incompetence.
Salome Ogani
Currently Reading:

Post by Salome Ogani »

Bighuey wrote: 30 Mar 2023, 17:46 Jurassic Attack. A cheap knockoff of Jurassic Park, about people stranded in a South American jungle with dinosaurs. The CG effects wernt up to much and the script was pretty bad but the actors were pretty good and it was fast paced and entertaining. 3 out of 5.
Cheap knockoff? :D
Well, I have just seen Jurassic Park and it wasn't one of my favorites. I don't think I will be watching Jurassic Attack. At least, not any time soon.
Salome Ogani
Currently Reading:

Post by Salome Ogani »

Najibullah Qanit wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 08:09 Black panther: Wakanda Forever, i think its a very good movie but compared to the first it is worse. i rate it a 3 out of 5!
Oh wow! A sequel to Black Panther is out? Which part of the universe have I been? :!:
I'm going to look for it. Hope it's on Netflix though.
Salome Ogani
Currently Reading:

Post by Salome Ogani »

Bighuey wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 18:48 I watched a TV movie, Emergency from the 1970's series, a very entertaining film with Julie London and Bobby Troup. Its one of the most realistic shows Ive ever seen for a TV show, some of the rescue situations were downright scary. I remember watching the series back in the 70's, it was always a favorite.
I haven't heard of the movie before now. Probably going to look it up later. I hope I love it as much as you did when I watch it.
Salome Ogani
Currently Reading:

Post by Salome Ogani »

Word Wise Wiz wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 07:12 "Avatar" - a definite 10/10 in my mind!
Yeah! It's 10/10 for me as well. I have actually watched it several times and I plan on watching it more in the future.
Salome Ogani
Currently Reading:

Post by Salome Ogani »

Salome Ogani wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 15:32
Yeah! It's 10/10 for me as well. I have actually watched it several times and I plan on watching it more in the future.
The movie speaks more than words can covey. There are deeper lessons and messages that I wish everyone who sees the movie can grab.
Salome Ogani
Currently Reading:

Post by Salome Ogani »

Salome Ogani wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 15:33
Salome Ogani wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 15:32
The movie speaks more than words can covey. There are deeper lessons and messages that I wish everyone who sees the movie can grab.
I mean a group of people that already live in abundance, have everything they need - community, safety, food, clothing, etc, and you want to take that away and give them what you think they need.

Return to “Films and Books”