Favorite Harry Potter character (Apart from the golden trio)

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
kipper_
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kipper.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Re: Favorite Harry Potter character (Apart from the golden trio)

Post by kipper_ »

Sirius Black. He was despised by most of society and labeled a criminal for committing a crime he did not commit. Despite the unfortunate events in his life, he is an incredibly devoted and loyal human being behind closed doors. Characters with dual reputations are a soft spot for me, because they reflect a scarily accurate percentage of people who are known by the rumors to their names and not by their true actions.
Allyana
Currently Reading: Kaylie's Forgotten Birthday- children's book
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Allyana »

My favorite Harry potter character was Dobby. I loved Dobby and his socks. He always made me laugh with his antics. :)
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I loved Severus Snape, he had the most elaborate history. Even though he was mean and sometimes cruel to other characters, I still loved his performance.
Claire Twy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

TusharJoshi wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 09:03 For me, it has to be Neville. From being a shy and nerdy kid to developing into a man deserving of the Sword of Gryffindor- he showcased amazing character development. The biggest character strength was when we come to know that his parents are still alive, albeit still in an irredeemable state. His standing up against Voldemort is the strongest character moment he lived in the series.
Luna Lovegood for me. I really love how she stays true to herself despite all the mockery and skepticism she faces, even from her own friends. As someone who used to care deeply about the opinions of others, I really admire her for being so brave and living her own life. Life truly is too short, so I think we all need to carry a bit of Luna with us and live the way we want to without letting others dictate our path for us.
fafaryuichi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by fafaryuichi »

Claire Twy wrote: 16 Nov 2022, 23:36
TusharJoshi wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 09:03 For me, it has to be Neville. From being a shy and nerdy kid to developing into a man deserving of the Sword of Gryffindor- he showcased amazing character development. The biggest character strength was when we come to know that his parents are still alive, albeit still in an irredeemable state. His standing up against Voldemort is the strongest character moment he lived in the series.
Luna Lovegood for me. I really love how she stays true to herself despite all the mockery and skepticism she faces, even from her own friends. As someone who used to care deeply about the opinions of others, I really admire her for being so brave and living her own life. Life truly is too short, so I think we all need to carry a bit of Luna with us and live the way we want to without letting others dictate our path for us.
i agree with that, i thing Luna Lovegood for me is a unique character, i like the "eccentric" thing she bought with her character in Harry Potter

alone but kind & friendly
Shane Lucey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-lucey.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shane Lucey »

Maria Ferreira Silva wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 08:31 I loved Severus Snape, he had the most elaborate history. Even though he was mean and sometimes cruel to other characters, I still loved his performance.
Whole heartedly agree with this. He was one of the more developed, unpredictable characters in the series. He was a bit too obsessed with Harry Potter's mother, however.
Littlelizzie96

Post by Littlelizzie96 »

For me its Luna, i judt live how different she is
Ubaidj
Currently Reading:

Post by Ubaidj »

I would say Professor Mad eye moody. Scary appearance but interesting and thrilling.
Jakub Bystrowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

For me, it is Dumbledore. He was a father figure to the school and never blamed Harry for anything. He alwyas loved the golden trio and let them make mistakes.
Meatballs022

Post by Meatballs022 »

Definitely Neville! Without a doubt
human reader

Post by human reader »

Luna feels extra magical in a world filled with magic... like a door into even deeper magic. I could picture a Luna spinoff book being fun and surprising. Snape is maybe the greatest success on a writing level. The character is rich and layered without that ever feeling cheap or unearned.
Sarah Jane Barrett
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-jane-barrett.html
Latest Review: Fantys by Jeff Wunder

Post by Sarah Jane Barrett »

I really loved Luna Lovegood, even though she was odd she was funny too. I liked Neville too. At the end Neville liked Luna and I thought that was so sweet
Latest Review: Fantys by Jeff Wunder
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

My favorite Harry Porter is Albus Dumbledore
Flora Posh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flora-posh.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Flora Posh »

Everyone loved to hate Snape. And I disliked him too but I always looked forward to seeing him. He was ultimately one of my best characters.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Oluwatobilola Olu-awe
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwatobilola-olu-awe.html
Latest Review: The Fighting Ibex by Leo Peterson

Post by Oluwatobilola Olu-awe »

Ginnie, I mean she was Harry’s romantic interest but she never played damsel in distress, or tried to hog Harry’s attention, she was her own person before she was Ron’s sister or Harry’s girlfriend

Return to “Films and Books”