What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Muh asghar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muh-asghar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Muh asghar »

i saw the the last movie - Avatar: The way of water- on cinema. The movie was not up to my expectation as i ranked first part of avatar on top of my favorite movie list. Although it is a fiction too but the philosophy in the second part is not quite impressive. it was too much scientific and over imaginative. So i rate this movie 6 out of 10 points.
Hannah Neely
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Eclipse
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Hannah Neely »

I recently stumbled upon the movie Nobody. I would give it a 5/5 stars. I went in thinking it was going to be structured the usual action movie way and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. It had the right amount of comedy/satire to action packed. I would recommend and even watch this movie again.

Spoiler! The fact that the whole movie is based on the main character going back to assassinations because he thinks that the robbers took his daughter's kitty bracelet is hilarious.
Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

I just watched "Encanto". I loved it; the songs were amazing, and they keep repeating in a loop in my brain 🤯.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
raw reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raw-reviews.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by raw reviews »

You People. I rate it 6.5 out of 10.
Tameka P
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: My Child is Missing
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tameka-p.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Tameka P »

'You People'

I rate it 6/10.
Meatballs022
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Meatballs022 »

"The Dark Knight" (2008), rated 9.0/10 on IMDb.
But for me it was 11/10
Fernanda Soares
Currently Reading: Everyone You Hate Is Going to Die

Post by Fernanda Soares »

Wow, the last one? It was "Psycho" by Alfred Hitchcock. I found it really nice. I am not really a horror movies but this one gets you enchanted. The way it just we just get to believe in the story of a man protecting his mother and end up joining his play, but actually discover a disturbed and lonely man. After it ended, my mom, who was watching it with me, couldn't stop and ended watching the 2 other movies about Norman Bates. :lol2:
I give an 9 to that movie. The only thing I don't like is the very slow way the story is told, like in most of Hitchcock movies. Sometimes it gets boring. But i recommend it, for sure!! :)
scribbler66

Post by scribbler66 »

Hi, I am new to this site and trying to navigate my way around. I am interested in sharing some short stories I have written with a wider audience of readers. I am unsure which forum I should use for this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. The last film I saw at the cinema which I enjoyed was "Megan". I found the combination of horror and humour amusing. The last film I did NOT enjoy was "Tar" (despite my admiration for Kate Blanchett as an actor). I found the film pretentious and the plot convoluted. Also for a film about a famous conductor there was precious little music of the listenable kind (to my taste anyway). To be fair I did leave half an hour into the film. I found it quite unwatchable. Bad idea to begin a film by showing the end credits! I only wish they had been.
Liza Chulukhadze
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

I just watched "Green Book" yesterday, and I was amazed. I'm not a big fan of movies, I usually don't consider them worthy of my time, but this time, it was totally worth it. It is about racism, how black people would not be accepted in many places, and what is life like for a white man, working for a black man. There were really meaningful and deep cases, made me look at life from a different angle. I would rate the movie a solid 10 out of 10 and recommend for everyone to watch it.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

Last movie I saw is Top gun Maverick. I rate it 8 out of 10.
Grey masterpiece
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grey-masterpiece.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Grey masterpiece »

"Always a bridesmaid" was the last one I watched. It was an 8/10 for me. I really loved it and the humor
Andrea Calderon 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Andrea Calderon 1 »

I've just seen Little women, the newest version with Emma Watson, Florence Pugh, Timothée Chalamet, etc. I give it 4 out of 5 stars, it's a very well-done film with great acting. I must confess that I cried when one of the sisters die! But it's very beautiful and it leaves you wanting to see a whole series about the sisters.
Francisco59
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Francisco59 »

Been watching a (supernatural) series lately, titled Legacies. Last standalone movie I watched was Black Adam, about 05 days ago, and the Rock was at his rock-smashing, classic best in it. :twisted2:
“Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed. Peace! Be strong now; be strong.”
Crs webco
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: An American Conspiracy
Currently Reading: Resonant
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crs-webco.html
Latest Review: An American Conspiracy by Alan C. Moore
Reading Device: B07WGJ9KT3

Post by Crs webco »

Our closest movie theater is 30-40 miles away....the last movie that I watched at home was Independence Day with Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum, Judd Hirsch, and Bill Pullnan for the umpteenth time! It rates a 10 for me as escapist entertainment!
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Sarah Zain »

I saw Blake panther "wakanda forever" it wasn't as good as the first film for me
But it has Great sound effects and battles too.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.

Return to “Films and Books”