What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Xuena
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Xuena »

Ijust saw 'The Secret of Dumbledore'. its kind a way to every fans of Harry Potter can use this opportunity to see their action. Fascination and epic movie. Hence long time not seeing them again. Great and the animation also wonderful as usual.
Naghma Qureshi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Whole-Brain Child
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naghma-qureshi.html
Latest Review: Odonata The Flying Jewel of Maiden Grass Pond by Barbara Gervais Ciancimino

Post by Naghma Qureshi »

I watched Eniola Holmes yesterday. It was a fair watch, not very very good, but still nice. I have always liked mysteries and puzzles and also Sherlock Holmes stories. I'll be watching Enola Holmes 2 soon.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Its been a while since I saw any newer movies, but I watched an oldie last night Gabriel Over The White House from 1932. Unusual and interesting film about a do nothing American president who becomes possessed by the angel Gabriel and becomes a no nonsense man who does something for the country. Walter Houston gives a great performance as the president with the two personalities. 5 out of 5 for this one.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Shana Williams 1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shana-williams-1.html
Latest Review: The Mercury Mind by Nathan Lancry

Post by Shana Williams 1 »

I too saw Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and generally enjoyed the film. I liked how it celebrated the life of Chadwick Boseman who starred as the first Black Panther, had a strong plot around country invasion and takeover, but also dove into issues prevalent in the black community. It was quite ironic how one of the issues tackled was around black men suffering in silence which is exactly what Chadwick Boseman did during his fight with cancer.

I didn't like how the movie dragged on a bit which actually caused me to doze in the movie theater. However, this did not diminish my overall rating for this movie.

I look forward to the return of Black Panther as the stage has been set for future opponents, allies and a new Black Panther who will continue the great legacy established. I give this movie a 4 out of five stars.
jkamuru

Post by jkamuru »

Mr. Harrigan's phone. I'd give it a 3.5. Very nice
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

The last movie I saw was Gigi and Nate and it made me very emotional. It's the best I've seen in a while.
faizanzaman

Post by faizanzaman »

I saw religious based series called Ertegrul 1m ago,and i really enjoyed this series because Ertegrul series is not only the series , there is islamic empire history which gives a charge to fight for independence and much more....
Ivy bella

Post by Ivy bella »

The last movie I watched is enola Holmes. I totally loved it, there is no single boring part it the movie. It was fun, entertaining and educative. A really entertain way to curb the issue of "male gaze". I really wished at the end the movie would have shown enola's mother and enola teaming up for a big mission tho
Wandaquinn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wandaquinn.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Wandaquinn »

The last movie I watched was "The Woman King." I would give it a five star rating. It's action-packed with strong women warriors that I really loved.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
sabrinaknight
Currently Reading: The Wicker Park Kid
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabrinaknight.html
Latest Review: Masked Intent by Kimberly Greer

Post by sabrinaknight »

The last movie I saw was Ride along 2 with my sister. It was really funny and we really enjoyed it. After all, any movie with Kevin Hart is bound to be amazing.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

Wandaquinn wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 04:53 The last movie I watched was "The Woman King." I would give it a five star rating. It's action-packed with strong women warriors that I really loved.
I really want to see this!
Aivy Daylig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivy-daylig.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Aivy Daylig »

Honestly the last movie that I saw is a Christian movie entitled Fireproof.
Excel Chisom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-chisom.html
Latest Review: Becoming Athena by Katherine Lore

Post by Excel Chisom »

Wednesday ...it rate it a 10. One of the most amazing movies I have ever read
Anna Gabriela Contreras
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-gabriela-contreras.html
Latest Review: Earthships, book 2 by Bonnie Jane Hall

Post by Anna Gabriela Contreras »

Just finished watching "Trol" on Netflix. Is interesting. I had a hard time keeping up because I enjoy watching movies in the original language (Norwegian) but I do like fantasy movies. I rate it a 3.5 out of 5.
Oscar Diaz
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oscar-diaz.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Oscar Diaz »

The last movie I saw was THE BEAST .
Is a movie about a huge lion trying to eat a family who was on a trip to Africa.
The movie has suspense, drama and action all the way around.
I love the way the father struggled to keep his two girls alive..I love it

Return to “Films and Books”