What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Flora Posh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flora-posh.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Flora Posh »

300 Spartans. I saw it last night, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I give it a 10 out of 10. It was amazing, and I think I'll watch it again.
Ashna Tibrewal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Ashna Tibrewal »

I saw an anime movie- Your Name. It's a good movie with a well-set plot. It has a cute romance between the male and female protagonists. It involves the lead characters interchanging consciousness. A meteor was going to strike a city killing more than five hundred people. But because of the interchange and other complexities, they try to save the people. It has both comedy and heartbreaking scenes.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Emily Meadows »

I just saw Wakanda and OMG. It was long but pretty great. I loved the characters, and the fantastical plot, and especially envied and loved Angela Bassett's amazing shoulder definition. Has anyone else seen it?
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Its been a while since I saw any newer movies, but I watched an oldie last night Gabriel Over The White House from 1932. Unusual and interesting film about a do nothing American president who becomes possessed by the angel Gabriel and becomes a no nonsense man who does something for the country. Walter Houston gives a great performance as the president with the two personalities. 5 out of 5 for this one.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.

Return to “Films and Books”