What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Oluchii »

The last movie I watched was Thor. I rate it an eight.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

I saw Top Gun Maverick recently, and being an OG Top Gun fan, it was smashing. 10/10.
upyoursobc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upyoursobc.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by upyoursobc »

I've finally taken the time to watch Gone with the Wind. I am quite happy I never watched it as a kid, it would have bored me endlessly. But as an adult I found it better than I expected I would. I'll give it a 7 out of 10.
kimjeon_12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kimjeon_12 »

Recently I watched Drifting Home, a Japanese anime film and this film is so good! Although some of the plot are a bit confusing since there are parts that connects to their culture so you won't understand it. The movie is a survival film just like "All of Us are Dead" but there's no zombie in it :lol: For me all in all, this is a must watch and very recommended.
natalia_plesca
Currently Reading: "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by natalia_plesca »

I just watched 365 days yesterday. I was incredible. I recommend it with all my heart.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

Carly-Rose wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 14:41 I finally watched Inception (2010) today and I can confidently say it deserves all the positive reviews.
That movie is wonderful; you should see other Christopher Nolan movies like interstellar, Dunkirk or Memento.
Athena Chen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Athena Chen »

The Namesake
I don’t know the rating, since it’s an old movie, and it’s not really popular. I read half of the book before watching it, and I’d say it’s really good at sticking with the book.
It’s definitely a movie worth watching, especially since it made some moments humorous that would be otherwise in the book.
Jennifer Tyson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-tyson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Jennifer Tyson »

I watched Final Destination just a couple of days ago. Every now and then I like to watch the movies over again, I think they are so cool.
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

The last movie I saw was Dead Kids. It was fine, nothing too memorable on the technical side but it's a movie I watched with my friends before so there's definitely some nostalgia attached to it
HanWhite
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanwhite.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by HanWhite »

I just saw the new Thor: Love and Thunder movie, and honestly it wasn't awesome. It definitely had some good humor but the plot seemed really random and not very well thought through. It felt like Marvel had just pumped out another generic movie for revenue. I did love the themes of women empowerment in it though, so I would rate it a 6/10.
Carly Sprout
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

Paterson (2016)
A wholesome and serene movie about an observant bus driver who also writes poetry only one other person has seen/heard.
7 out of 10. It's not for everyone but I like the slice-of-life aspect.
Ruthhagar Tsikata
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Alpaca In The Backa’ My Car
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthhagar-tsikata.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ruthhagar Tsikata »

The last I saw was the second sequel of the the Witch. This movie is epic with Sci/fic, action and thrilling. Kinda just abit scattered and needs a lot of concentration to understand the plot and concept of movie.
Carrye McDonald
Currently Reading: Truth That Dawns
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrye-mcdonald.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B004HZYA6E

Post by Carrye McDonald »

The last movie I saw in theaters was the Top Gun sequel a few months ago. It wasn't too bad. It had a lot of nostalgia moments for those of us who saw the first one years ago. I'd give it a 7/10.

But yesterday I watched a super old movie on Prime called Drunken Master. It's a martial arts action comedy with Jackie Chan dubbed in English. I thought it was hysterical! The filmmakers took things just seriously enough to avoid being too stupid to be funny. Personally, I'd say it's 10/10, but definitely not for everyone.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I watched an animation called Luck about an 18 year old girl that has had complete bad luck all her life - she may even be the unluckiest person ever. She is an orphan, that has to go out on her own as she has aged out of the system. But she leaves behind her younger friend whom very much wishes to be adopted.

Then one day she fed a black cat next to the road and picked up a shiny lucky penny - and she received crazy good luck! Until she lost it and the bad luck returned. She goes on this crazy otherwordly adventure in search of luck and to help her small friend in the orphanage. This was really an amazing, cute and fun animation to watch!
Yubahwe Dennis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yubahwe Dennis »

The last movie I saw was an indian movie called r,r,r rise rower revolt actually it was the best therefore I recommend 10/10 in my book

Return to “Films and Books”