Which is your favorite Studio Ghibli Movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Cris90
Currently Reading: Selling Change
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Which is your favorite Studio Ghibli Movie?

Post by Cris90 »

I love this topic! Discovering Studio Ghibli's films had been such a revelation for me; I saw them just a few years ago and I felt like I had been living under a rock until then. All of the films are amazing and inspiring, different from other animations I've ever seen; for example, the level of detail in the sceneries of "Spirited Away" was incredible and the storyline was so complex and out of this world. I also watched and loved "Howl's Moving Castle", "My Neighbor Totoro" and a few others, but I think "Spirited Away" is their masterpiece. I had the chance to read "The Art of Spirited Away" afterwards; it's a book that covers the concept art from it and details related to the architecture; I found that really inspiring.
Siew Nyuk Lai
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siew-nyuk-lai.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Siew Nyuk Lai »

Hi there!
My favourite Ghibli Studio Movie is Mononoke Hime. Really like the massive wolf and storyline. Protect the environments while you have chance.

Is not that other movies are not as interesting as this one. Every movies are nice.
- Totoro
- Kiki's delivery
- Howl's Moving Castle
Their movies can deeply touched your heart sometime.
Robert Obikanyi
Currently Reading: Swiss Family Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izuchukwu-obi.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Robert Obikanyi »

Graveyard of the Fireflies. Don't watch this if you're feeling depressed. It totally wrecks you. I haven't met a person who's seen this movie more than once.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

My favorite Studio Ghibli movie is My Neighbor Totoro.

Return to “Films and Books”