The Blacklist

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
edwardsabi8
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Blacklist

Post by edwardsabi8 »

I am writing to see if there is anyone here that is familiar with the blacklist. Thus far I have watched every single episode, some I have watched more than once.
I am really excited about the new season that is coming out in October. I got to see a trailer and knowing that Raymond is still alive give me a lot to look forward to in the show. 8)
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

In Italy the new seasons start a few months later than the USA so I have to wait. James Spader can make it look like even the most absurd plots make sense and I hope the producers can think of new storylines for a long time. At least for the beginning of the new season it seems that the storyline will be about Lizzy's mother.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

I am surprised this season is still going. It was really well put together for the first few seasons, but normally tv-series fall apart after a few good seasons. The Blacklist seems to keep finding new adventures for the characters to get into.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I enjoyed the Black List at first. It was quite suspenseful and clever. As the series went on, in my opinion, the episodes became darker and darker and harder to believe. some of the crimes were really horrific and I prefer to no longer watch the series. It isn't really suited to more sensitive viewers, in my opinion.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

To be honest, after a few seasons it got repetitive and boring
Jordan Abio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-abio.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jordan Abio »

I started watching the series and I liked the first few seasons. As it progressed the series assumed a pattern that was very predictable. The series then got very boring.
Doubleho
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Doubleho »

The series is sweet and fun to watch. But it seems like they are out of ideas. If episodes were continuous it would make the season intresting. Not every episode has a different crime that is solved. Ghis make the series predictable. Make it continuous withe the other darker secret from raymond and how its being revealed and coming to light thus opening a new secret.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

I love the Blacklist. Raymond is the type of character that I love to encounter in a movie or series, such as this case. I am not up to day with the episodes, but I know that I will definitely finish the series.
latesummer93
Favorite Book: The Invisible Life Of Addie La Rue
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-latesummer93.html
Latest Review: Eating Bull by Carrie Rubin

Post by latesummer93 »

I'm not up to date on the current season, but overall, I've enjoyed The Blacklist. I'll probably finish the show til it ends, but I don't think it's as good as it was in the beginning. I liked the mystery in the first few seasons, but they seem to be dragging parts of it along unnecessarily, even though it could have been wrapped up and moved on from.
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

I have watched almost every single episode; some I have watched more than once. I think James Spader kills it; he's just a really good actor. I love him.
João Ramos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Post by João Ramos »

The Blacklist is a very well-constructed series. The main character is an exciting mix of refinement, intelligence, and brutality. At the same time as he can be loving, he is also capable of the worst excesses. The psychological development of several characters is also top-notch.

Return to “Films and Books”