Which movies made you want to read the book?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Saitejasai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Re: Which movies made you want to read the book?

Post by Saitejasai »

Firstly I saw the movies of Harry potter series full. I really loved these series. I really addicted to these movie. Saw these moves more that five to six times. Than after some time I started to read the books. Than I started reading Harry potter books by JK Rowling. It was an amazing experience while reading the books. I have read the book more than two times. It was some like different from the movie. JK Rowling is really an a fantastic writer.the books are really good to understand after seeing the movie and characters.
Intel
Favorite Author: Sarah Dessen
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intel.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
fav_author_id: 3879

Post by Intel »

'The Sun is also a Star'. After watching the movie I felt as if there needed some more clarification. Also if a movie can convince me that love can be found within an hour the book needed some praise, because no movie is as vivid as the book.
Courtney Hughes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-hughes.html
Latest Review: Summer in the City by Kevin Phelps

Post by Courtney Hughes »

Most recently, Just Mercy made me want to read the book. I loved the movie and I am hoping that there is in depth looks at multiple cases talked about in the movie. Bryan Stevenson made history by righting the wrongs of the justice system!
Tayyaba Rehman
Currently Reading: The Last Letter From Your Lover
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B07Z4681LQ

Post by Tayyaba Rehman »

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. Both the movie and the novel were amazing and I definitely enjoyed both. Wish I could say the same for A Walk To Remember (novel) because the movie was fantastic but the book not so much.
Hildehraefen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildehraefen.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildehraefen »

The Lord of the Rings. I was one of those people who saw the movies before reading the books. I just wasn't familiar with them growing up, and then in high school a couple friends found out I hadn't seen the movies and made me watch them, after which I finally read the books... and The Hobbit... and The Silmarillion... and The Children of Hurin... yep, my friends got me hooked!
smythemilie
Currently Reading: The Operator
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smythemilie.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by smythemilie »

The Great Gatsby, and to this day it is still my favorite novel. Purely fantastic writing.
Smythemilie
Kanika Tandon
Currently Reading: Of winners and losers
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanika-tandon.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Kanika Tandon »

Hunger games series.
I loved Katniss so much I wanted to see how she was potrayed in books. I only read the first two . The hunger games and ballad of the songbirds and snakes. Loved them both.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I think this list is quite long for me ... But almost all the books from romance-fiction - from PS, I Love You to A Walk To Remember.
Though sometimes after reading the concerned book, I have felt that the certain movie adaptation didn't really meet the expectations or that particular vibe that was there in the book.
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

I watched the movie Little Women, the latest, the one with Timothee Chalamet and I really feel like reading the book.
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

It was The Da Vinci Code. I wanted to read it because people were like the book was way better than the movie and I actually liked the movie, so I wanted to give it a try.
Mydustybooks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mydustybooks.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Mydustybooks »

Definitely Shawshank Redemption and the Lord of the rings. Those re awesome movies. Oh and Stand by Me the movie based on The Body by Stephen King.
Ochieng Stephen Owino
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-stephen-owino.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Ochieng Stephen Owino »

Though it's more of a series, Bridgerton awed me to the point of reading all the books about the siblings
Asfiya Z
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asfiya-z.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Asfiya Z »

The movie "Goosebumps" made me want to read all parts of goosebumps by R.L.Stine.
I think I enjoyed the movie more because I was just 15 years old when I saw the movie and I wasn't so much into reading at that point of time.

Return to “Films and Books”