What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

It has been a while since the last time I saw a movie. But I think it was Buy Bust. It is a film from the Philippines.

My rating on that movie is 9/10. It is really nice and it has a really good quality.
Lorixann
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorixann.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Lorixann »

I was actually able to see Crazy Rich Asians while it was still in theaters.

It was a pretty standard "romantic comedy" - a few parts had my giggling, and there a of course a few of those "Awwww" moments - but I honestly feel like the entire movie was pretty generic. The plot was very predictable, which sorta "killed" the enjoyment for me.

I'd give the movie a 6/10. Wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't a bad movie. It has its moments.
Magic_Beans
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pavithra92.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Magic_Beans »

The last movie I saw in theater was Gravity. I rate the movie 4 out of 4. It is a very good movie.
Bol ket
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bol ket »

The latest I saw was upgraded, from my view ,is just great. It should be 8/10
Shince Peter

Post by Shince Peter »

The last movie I saw is MohanLal It was a nice one Its about the love of a lady towards the movie actor MohanLal In childhood she lost her father so when she saw the movies of MohanLal she feels care and thoughts MohanLal always be with her Thats make her love him and be a die hard fan of him The leading charactors in the movie are Manju Varriour and Indrajith The movie express the fan support of Actor MohanLal too
Monie_raey
Currently Reading: Longthroat Memoirs
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monie-raey.html
Latest Review: Junk Justice by Gerry Rising

Post by Monie_raey »

:D I'm currently watching bloody romance. A Chinese web series... From the music theme and the plot to the crazy Kong fu scenes... The strong dialogues... Best in awhile for me. I'm more into Asian TV..
PJ-MIDO

Post by PJ-MIDO »

Dying to Get wet is an amazing film to watch. it keeps you focused in anticipation for the next move. a really scary movie at that...
*Dying to Get wet*
smythemilie
Currently Reading: The Operator
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smythemilie.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by smythemilie »

The last movie I watched was Hardcore Henry - It's a fast-paced first person shooter movie. It's like watching a video game full speed. It's truly amazing, it has action and comedy as well as a love story. I would rate it ten out of ten just because there wasn't a flaw. Everything made sense and it flowed perfectly. I would say it's a must watch!
Naheed zobi

Post by Naheed zobi »

The last movie which I watched was the ring movie was about a creepy cassette the one who will see the cassette will die after seven days sounds scary ....
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

The last move I saw was Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson. I'm a big Jane Austen fan so this was definitely right up my alley. I have to give the movie a definite 10 out of 10 since the adaption was very well written.
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
Lady Loch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-loch.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing
Reading Device: pdf

Post by Lady Loch »

I watched a movie last night.
The Titans. It is about forced evolution for the sake of science, but ultimately for survival.
I like it but I'd say I can only give it 8/10. I want to see a continuation of it.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Bubba Ho-Tep. Not very good. I give it an incomplete since I had to turn it off before the end. One that can be skipped for sure.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Kaven_Crimble_the_witless_71
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-wolfe.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kaven_Crimble_the_witless_71 »

The latest movie I've watched would be an animated film on Netflix called "In This Corner of the World," Co-written and directed by Sunao Katabuchi. To make a long story short, it follows a girl named Sozu who lives in a small area of Hiroshima City. Sozu grows up in Japan around the time of World War II, when the Japanese government was focusing all of the country's attention on fighting the war, and Sozu experiences the flow of life through her Japanese traditional customs and strict military influence on her day-to-day routine.

Sozu meets a boy in her youth who bonds with her over drawing, which she does as a hobby. Her free-spirited nature continues to go uninterrupted until she is a few years older and has set into an arranged marriage with a soldier she doesn't remember meeting. The rest of the movie watches her growth and her path to finding inner strength in the turmoil of both love and war.

With its adherence to history peeling back the layers of each character, the beautiful animation and pacing, and the almost Studio Ghibli enchantment of innocence and self discovery in harsh adult setting, this movie definitely gets a 9/10 from me. I literally had to watch it the next night to see if I had missed pieces of conversation or meetings that added to the integrity of the film, and that's a hard fact to look away from. I definitely recommend it.
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

The last movie I watched was Poseidon with Kurt Russell. It is easy to rate a 4 our of 4 stars for me as it was action packed, suspenseful and had great actors in it. For fans of disaster films it is a good movie to watch.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I saw Bad Times at the El Royale last night. I really enjoyed it. Several separate stories told from several different viewpoints of each character. Kept you guessing and on the edge of your seat until the end.

Return to “Films and Books”