How Do You Take Your coffee?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
MrsTurner2013
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsturner2013.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Re: How Do You Take Your coffee?

Post by MrsTurner2013 »

My favorite way to take coffee is usually just cream. However, if it is a coffee that I have not tried before I will drink it black at first to decide whether it needs the cream. I would rather have the option of adding cream if I need it, than making the mistake of putting cream in when it doesn't need it and ruining the experience.
marksm121
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by marksm121 »

Bluebird03 wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 14:04 With so many options available now in milks, sugars, flavorings, etc., I am curious how you prefer your coffee. Lately I've been trying the "bulletproof" coffee with coconut oil and butter. Sounds odd, but it really is flavorful. Other than that, I usually add half and half with Stevia. What about you?
Most of the time I take hard and Black fresh coffee.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

It depends on my mood. If I haven't had coffee for some time, I like it strong, bitter, and very black - like an Italian or a French roast. But, I drink coffee quite often so I usually drink it with a lot of milk and I've started adding sugar to keep my energy level up. I use distilled water and that has no or very little minerals. I drank breve's for awhile, which is basically a latte made with half and half instead of milk. A little like melted ice cream. I have to quote from the film "The Edge" when Alec Baldwin explains that he can't kill Anthony Hopkins, because then he'd have to kill the witness, Stephen, who happens to be the only one who knows how he likes his coffee, and he likes his coffee like he likes his women, "bitter and murky". Apparently this was from Wayne's World also, years before. And who knows where else, years before that.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
77way
Favorite Book: Waterworks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by 77way »

At breakfast time take pure black coffee and make my eyes bright, fresh me, give new energy. But at afternoon I take white coffee, cappuccino, or with mocha. So, I have got more kinds and flavor of coffee, I enjoyed so much.
Ktayse+

Post by Ktayse+ »

I love my coffee very sweet. I will mostly use french vanilla creamer but some days I use milk. I use four scoops of sugar.
SherleyAdams

Post by SherleyAdams »

Bold Italian full bodied or Ethiopian dark roasts are loved by all. Cafe Verona or Kimono Dragon work great for evening events, but Starbucks original Pike Place or Blonde Roast house blends are strong, low-calorie flat black regulars while I'm running to the train for work. I don't have time for the barista to make me a complex shake in the mornings. I like that they ethically source, and Cafe Direct and Equal Exchange do as well. Higher Ground organically raise their beans, which makes for an earthy taste I like, though I'm excited to try Grumpy Mule when it arrives, as it's Peruvian, and the coffee there is amazing. They use local indigenous versions of papaya and citrus and chocolate that makes for this light, rich, sweet flavor I haven't found anywhere else. It's like Pumpkin Spice, but with rich velvet chocolate mousse or fruity desert wine flavors. No barista in the states knows what I'm talking about, but if you can find it, it's so tasty!
DominikaS
Favorite Book: Picasso At The Lapin Agile
Currently Reading: Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominikas.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by DominikaS »

Just coffee with no milk or sugar
clarygilbert20
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 61

Post by clarygilbert20 »

Black, like my soul.

Just kidding. I usually have it iced, with almond milk and two packets of stevia, I also put some cinnamon and vanilla, but if I have to pull an all-nighter, I make it hot with just the almond milk and a packet of stevia.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

With milk and no sugar.
Somtimes I add caramel if I feel like something more sweety.
Or black coffee with a piece of chocolate or some biscuits.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Kristyk247
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristyk247 »

100 percent Columbia coffee that is mid strength in caffeinated a d dark rich boldness. Then original cream non fat is fine not really preference. Sugar sweet and low. Whip cream on top with a moca drizzle and a cherry on top of available.
cwang70
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by cwang70 »

I use protein powder as a sweetener
Nimwel Fae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimwel-fae.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Nimwel Fae »

I don't usually drink coffee because, I don't know why, but I get dizzy and stomachache from certain brands of coffee here. But I do drink organic coffee. They are cheaper and healthier. :)
marksm121

Post by marksm121 »

I like black coffee.
Amalia Lantano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amalia-lantano.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Amalia Lantano »

with milk and sugar... I prefer it sweet..
Lhammamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhammamy.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Lhammamy »

I love my coffee dark and bitter.. I can never handle any type of sweetners in it, however milk is bearable sometimes. My everyday coffee is Turkish coffee as I am an Arab and I live in Turkey. I like cappuccino too.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”