Favorite sushi suggestions

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Favorite sushi suggestions

Post by Rose Tamuno »

DakotaA wrote: 21 Dec 2018, 08:56 When I eat out I love to get whatever is recommended at the restaurant.

When I make sushi at home I pretty much always go for a California roll. I make sushi rice (adding a bit of mirin to the cooking water) and let it cool off. Then I put it on nori, add sliced imitation crab, avocado, carrot, cucumber and sometimes cream cheese, dark lettuce or sliced asparagus. I wrap the roll (to be honest I usually make 4-6 rolls depending on how many people I'm feeding) in cling film and put it in the fridge for at least an hour. I slice the roll right before serving, and top it with sriracha mayo and have soy sauce on the side. The rolls last well for about 5 days in the fridge and are great for lunch.
This sounds tasty. I do not know when I will be able to replicate this, but I will one day.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

I don't eat sushi. I haven't eaten that in my life. When I do, I'll remember all the suggestions I saw here.
Liza Chulukhadze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

The only sushi I like is the one coated with red fish eggs. I am not sure what the name is, I think it's Callifornia?
Jagulani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagulani.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Jagulani »

Funny enough I haven't eaten sushi for real, but will love too tho

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”