Filipino Foods

Welcome to The Book and cook Forum, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food.
khandzz09
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khandzz09.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Filipino Foods

Post by khandzz09 » 27 Jul 2018, 22:03

Does anyone here has visited the Philippines? I would love to hear if you have ever tried to eat some Filipino Foods and why did you like it?

I am from the Philippines and I think Filipino foods are the best.

:lol2: :D :)

juliamenez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliamenez.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by juliamenez » 31 Jul 2018, 21:24

Hello!

I am a Filipino too! I've visited the Philippines 3 times and LOVE the food! There are too many to name a favorite... I like sinigang, lechon kawali, crispy pata, tortang talong... and also many desserts like sans rival cake. Also, I gorge myself on seafood whenever I get the chance to eat fresh crab or pusit.

This is going to be my new favorite thread.

Maryalle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Maryalle » 02 Aug 2018, 23:40

Hi, born and raised in the Philippines here!

Man, to me Filipino food equates to the ultimate comfort food. My favourites are sinigang pompano, fried bangus, chicken curry, durian ice cream, crispy pata, garlic oyster soup, lechon kawali, spam, sisig, mangos and bagoong, and honestly it goes on and on and on. I love how wide the flavour range is: there's spicy and sweet and savoury and a little weird. Filipino food always reminds me of family and parties because that's what Filipino food is all about- sharing amazing food with family and friends.

The one Filipino food that I just can't get behind, no matter how hard I tried, is dinuguan. I know, I know, revoke my Filipino card haha.

I do think Filipino food is one of the greatest, although I am a bit biased.

juliamenez
Currently Reading:

Post by juliamenez » 13 Aug 2018, 21:48

My mom sometimes makes me frozen Filipino meals. It's so convenient to just takes some lumpia out of the freezer and stick it in the toaster oven on broil. I've also found this is so much easier, healthier, and cleaner than frying.

juliamenez
Currently Reading:

Post by juliamenez » 07 Sep 2018, 15:06

I recently read The Aftermath of the Warramunga's War and it largely takes place in the Philippines! It even has some Tagalog dialog! Additionally, the book did a great job of discussing many different Filipino delicacies like lechon.

Return to “Book and Cook”