What is your favorite pie?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
jay+1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is your favorite pie?

Post by jay+1 »

Seems like I am the only one who really loves good pie. My favorite was cherry but know I love banna cream pie. My fiance favorite pie is a vegetable my secret meat..
Grantham8589
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Grantham8589 »

My favorite pie is pumpkin pie without question. Ever since I began to speak, I would ask for pumpkin pie instead of cake for my birthday. It’s now been a running tradition for the past 31 years.
My favorite meat pie is Shepherds.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Equally - Pecan pie or pumpkin pie with plenty of whipped cream.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
imjaneturner
Favorite Book: Elastic Girl
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imjaneturner.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by imjaneturner »

juliamenez wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 20:48
kallyn haffner wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 19:45 Chicken pot pie
I love chicken pot pie! I make this for Thanksgiving since it always seems to turn out better than trying to roast a whole turkey. Thanksgiving is all about the pies!
Oh my gosh! I love pies. My favorite pie is pecan pie - I made one for Thanksgiving and it totally caramelized the crust underneath! I had to bake it in a giant square pan because we didn't have any pie tins. I was really worried about it because I kept it in the oven for over 2 hours and it was still boiling away and seemed undercooked, but when it cooled it was probably the best pecan pie I've ever made.

I'm quoting you two because I love Chicken pot pie, but I'm too scared to try to make one on my own. I had some delicious chicken pot pie at a restaurant in Virginia and I've been thinking about it ever since. Do you have any recipes you use or tips for a first-timer?
Kiyae
Favorite Book: Darkfever
Currently Reading: The Power
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kiyae »

I love pumpkin pie. Pecan pie is another favorite.
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

Savory pies are wonderful, from Shepherds Pie to Pot Pie. But, my favorite pie is undoubtedly Sweet Potato Pie! The magnificence of that dessert is untouchable by anything else.
Esterhg22
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Esterhg22 »

Probably Apple Pie.

Is easy to make, you can do it with your family, in my case my Son, he loves helping me cook, but, he is a just a kiddo so I don't let him be near the kitchen, so by doing pie, he can place the Apple pieces, cinnamon and everything else he can think of in the pan ... That's the way he can help and he loves it!!

So we love Apple pie... Also Is one of the favorites of Dean Winchester... :tiphat:
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

Chocolate pie! Anything chocolate!! Apple, strawberry or blueberry pies make the top 5 list also.
Sh3rlockian
Currently Reading: The Affair of the Mysterious Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Sh3rlockian »

My mother's strawberry pie is just the best! You can put whipped cream or icecream on it or just eat it with a spoon. Delish!
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

I had a dark chocolate and pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving this year...I really hope it returns at the next!
RabidusDecorus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by RabidusDecorus »

My favorite pie is Chocolate Mousse. I just started making it this past thsnksgiving, I was always worried about making mousse. Since my first time, I've made it for every special occasion. I haven't gotten comfortable enough to step out of the recipe zone and put my own spin on it, except I make it with a chocolate graham cracker crust, but I'm getting there.
Cowgirl87
Currently Reading: A Police Action
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Cowgirl87 »

I know it is out of season. My favorite is pumpkin pie
Brooke0920

Post by Brooke0920 »

My favorite is chocolate pie but a lot of people make it to rich.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

My favorite sweet pie is pecan pie. There is a root vegetable pie made with potatoes, beets, leeks, gravy and cream cheese that I love for savory.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
godly02
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godly02.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by godly02 »

I love to eat pot pie. I honestly think that I like it more because of the crust than the ingredients on the inside. A little strange I know.

For sweets I love pumpkin pie but only during Thanksgiving. On a regular day I love warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream and whip cream on top yum yum :D .

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”