Welcome to The Book and cook Forum, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 17 May 2018, 00:30
- Currently Reading: Dodging Satan
- Bookshelf Size: 3
give better preferences.
I even prefer doing my own recipe provided i got all the required ingredients ,and it comes out perfectly.
Share with me your view on this.
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 06 May 2018, 02:46
- Currently Reading: The Iron Queen
- Bookshelf Size: 9
It depends on what I'm making if I'm cooking I don't really follow recipes but for baking I do.
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 18 May 2018, 09:00
- Favorite Author: Scott Hughes
- Favorite Book: Devilish
- Currently Reading: His to Protect
- Bookshelf Size: 40
- fav_author_id: 6516
Most of the time i use book recipes because i am not really good at cooking.
- Posts: 70
- Joined: 03 Aug 2017, 13:40
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
- Currently Reading: The Touch
- Bookshelf Size: 16
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
- Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
- Location: kilifi
It depends on what am making.Most of the time i use my own recipe but also go for book recipes.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 28 May 2018, 01:31
- Bookshelf Size: 0
I prefer trying those recipes uploaded on YouTube videos whichever I feel interesting and if necessary make small changes accordingly.
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 21 Apr 2018, 22:22
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 44
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 27
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
- Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
- Location: USA
I use book recipes for baking, that's a science and unless you bake A LOT it needs to be exact. I've made cookies of so many types over the years that I can pretty much toss stuff in a bowl and come out with a good cookie, but the classic chewy chocolate chip still needs exact measuring. Some complicated main dishes like chicken marsala have exact cooking steps to come out right and book recipes are good for learning the method. But I've found most dishes follow the same formulas and once you've mastered the techniques the book recipes just become a list of flavoring suggestions.
"It is not the critic that counts..."