What's your favorite or "go to" cook book?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: What's your favorite or "go to" cook book?

Post by Dael Reader »

The America's Test Kitchen Cookbook, based on the PBS show.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

The Cake Bible.
:techie-studyingbrown:
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

KLafser wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 13:41
TaaraLynn wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 12:08 Well, my mom always goes by this Pillsbury cookbook from 1979. She's had it since I was younger. It's A+, pretty sure she received (or took) it from my grndmother. We rarely go online for recipes.
Growing up, my mom had this set called Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery, and it was a 12 volume set. I loved it because you really could look up any ingredient and it would have a description, origin, and typical uses - it's where I learned about quince! I was so excited a few years ago when, for Christmas, my parents gave me and my 2 sisters our own set. They has scoured flea markets until they had 3 complete sets. I don't cook from it much anymore as the recipes tend to be that 'fat-heavy' type from the past, but I do peruse it now and then!
I love that!! :D I know even from the Pillsbury one, my mom will modify or substitute ingredients.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
Sjtoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sjtoy.html
Latest Review: Marriage Maximized by William Hutcheson

Post by Sjtoy »

I enjoy "Dump" cookbooks. Most of the recipes are tasty, easy, and quick. The ingredients are also ones people typically have and not obscure ones.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”