Favorite nerd cookbooks!

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
nataliecannon13
Currently Reading: An Arsène Lupin Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 1189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nataliecannon13.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Favorite nerd cookbooks!

Post by nataliecannon13 »

My partner and I are total nerds and have discovered a whole genre of cookbooks dedicated to bringing to life meals described in books, movies, and TV shows. So far we have A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Game of Thrones Companion Cookbook and Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook.

What's your favorite nerdy cookbook and do you have recommendations for us? :cooking:
EllieA
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elliea.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by EllieA »

Not fantasy related, but Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle has some great recipes. There is another book I can't remember the name of that begins every chapter with a recipe- something about walnuts, I think. I can't find it, but looking for it I ran across the Roald Dahl Cookbook, so there is that. Sorry I don't have anything similar to what you listed!
Charlaigne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlaigne.html
Latest Review: Reaching the Shore by Davin Jake Douma and BonnieJane Hall

Post by Charlaigne »

Where have I been...must look up that book by B. Kingsolver and the Game of Thrones book.
I have read a couple of books with food but not anything I'd recommend, sorry! I will keep looking.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”