Low carb eating

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Gamermomt4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Low carb eating

Post by Gamermomt4 »

Good morning! I've been eating low carb to help with weight loss. Does anyone have a go to recipe or book they absolute love that helps them in this regards?
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Low carb is good if there are replacement for this. I believe that Carbohydrates are source of energy.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

You have my admiration for your tenacity - I just couldn't do without carbs! I've tried to cut them down, and go for healthier/wholemeal options.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
eabanda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eabanda.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by eabanda »

Hi, I'm also trying to cut down on my carb intake for weight loss. I would recommend books based on a Keto style diet. They say no to carbs period, but I've found eating carbs one meal a day and keto the rest works for me. I like carbs too much to cut them out completely :D but I stick to whole grains and sweet potatoes when I do eat them.
Please do let us know if you find a book that is low carb
mandalee519
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Post by mandalee519 »

2018 diets have commenced and I am in the same boat. I'd really appreciate if anyone can give me any low carb food options that are also filling! Thanks in advance!
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Luna34

Post by Luna34 »

I saw a recipe somewhere for an egg burrito type dish that has no tortilla. The eggs are the “tortilla.” You cook mix eggs, pour them into a pan and cook them like an omelet so it’s flat in the pan. When it’s done cooking put ingredients like ground beef, avocado, slices of bell peppers, and come kind of sauce in the middle of the flat cooked eggs. You can get creative with the ingredients though! Anything low carb would work. I hope this recipe helped some more ideas spark!
Honeybeetle
Currently Reading: Snow Crash
Bookshelf Size: 318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybeetle.html
Latest Review: Loving Well, The Key To Satisfying and Joyful Relationships by Erin K Leonard (Dr Erin Leonard)

Post by Honeybeetle »

I briefly flirted with the Keto diet at the start of the year, but I lack the mental fortitude to get past the 'flu' stage, haha. That said, baking shredded cheese for a few minutes in a 400 degree oven to make taco shells was surprisingly good. Flourless chocolate cookies using almond butter, baking cocoa, eggs, heavy cream, stevia, and vanilla are also pretty good once you're used to the fact that they're not very sweet, and they pair excellently with strong tea or coffee.

I also love Keto smoothies for a quick and filling breakfast. Many incorporate spinach, cream cheese, berries, almond or coconut milk and are quite tasty and easy to toss together, plus you get a lot of vitamins and antioxidants from the greens. They are calorie-dense, though, so they're definitely a meal on their own, not a beverage.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

I have two friends currently doing the Keto diet and they are both miserable! But simply doing low carb and not NO carb like Keto is a good option. I've found the easiest way to maintain this type of diet is to use simple substitutes in your everyday recipes---I don't have the time or energy to start making an entirely new set of meals. For example, using spiralized zucchini instead of pasta those "bread thins" for sandwiches instead of full slices of bread.
Kinkini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinkini.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Kinkini »

Frankly, our body "needs" carbohydrates to survive and be healthy. A 'No' carbs diet does not help. Rather one may go for a 'low' carb diet, if at all. I prefer eating in moderation and working out regularly. I go for the whole grain options and gluten-free products. However, the vital part of any diet regime is water. It detoxifies! I cannot really give any recipes yet, but I do binge on stews and salads, my own way.
Regards,
Kinkini
A Bookworm
Secnirp
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Secnirp »

Low carb n more protein is the diet for me. I've building up more muscle. I will go for Keto diet.
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Two years ago my sugars were high so I moved to less than 25 carbs a day. It was rough so kudos to you and good luck. The good news is, I stuck with it and my sugars are great now. I don't count my carbs anymore and just eat them in moderation.

I would definitely say meats were my savior. Little snacks of crab meat or shrimp were nice treats to get my mind off bread and fruit.

I'm always free for questions if you need a little support :)
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
ebriana1112

Post by ebriana1112 »

I'm also trying to eat foods with low carb. Just ate yoghurt as mid-afternoon snack.
miriamjoyreads
Currently Reading: King Arthur's Enchantresses
Bookshelf Size: 524
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriamjoyreads.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by miriamjoyreads »

I'm not into dieting, but I have coeliac disease, so carbs are a tricky proposition for me and I can't eat most of them. One thing I've found as an amazing substitute for pasta is lentil pasta. It's a thousand times easier to cook than actual lentils -- it's actually quicker than regular pasta -- and fills the same emotional niche that pasta does, but is full of protein with minimal carbs. It has definitely made me eat way healthier, because whenever I crave pasta I just have lentil pasta instead. The best thing about it is that I don't have to think about whether to be healthy or whatever, so it doesn't lead to obsessive thoughts about food. It's the easiest improvement I've made to my eating.

(It's about the same price as other gluten-free pasta, but it's probably a fair bit pricier than regular wheat pasta, so if you're used to that, it's not ideal.)
Janeiyke+

Post by Janeiyke+ »

Is good to go on carb. Though there is serious craving for it but if you can maintain feeding on low carb, it keeps you in shape.
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

I dont know about cookbooks, but i refer this website for low carb recipes https://tasty.co/topic/low-carb-meals

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”