Pinterest Recipes

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Blue Eyed Reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blue-eyed-reader.html
Latest Review: Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr by H M Irwing

Pinterest Recipes

Post by Blue Eyed Reader »

I find myself actually using Pinterest more and more each day. The amount of recipes the app collects everyday is just crazy! However, there a few that I come across and find to be odd or I am just not sure that it will be good.

So my question is do you really like to use the recipes that are on Pinterest? Why or why not? What is the best way to decide if it will be a really good recipe?

Please tell me which recipe was the best by far!
ruishigan
Currently Reading: Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by ruishigan »

I've had the worst luck with Pinterest recipes. They look delicious, but are bland or just bad when I create them. I tend to stick to AllRecipes, which has yet to fail me. Plus, the top reviews for the recipes on there tend to have really good suggestions for ways to improve on the recipe or pitfalls to avoid.
Blue Eyed Reader
Currently Reading:

AllRecipes is a good one too! Recipes.com is sometimes a good one depending on what your looking for.
dextrocardiac
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dextrocardiac.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by dextrocardiac »

I get recipes almost entirely from Pinterest or blogs found through it, but that's mostly because I have a host of food intolerances and allergies that require a diet stricter than veganism, as far as eliminated foods go, and I've simply had the best luck finding recipes there that meet my dietary needs. I've done my fair share of kissing frogs to find the prince, when it comes to whether recipes are good or not, but I've learned just as much cooking with recipes that turned out bad as good, and so have gotten a lot better weeding out the worse recipes just based on that. These days, though, even if I find a recipe on another website or blog, I'll look to see if it's been pinned and commented on, because I've found people leaving "tried it" comments there are far more likely to be honest about whether a recipe's bad or unworkable than people on the original recipe post.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Gnome
Currently Reading: Fly: Goose Girl Retold (Romance a Medieval Fairytale, #3)
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnome.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler
Reading Device: B00OSKREVG

Post by Gnome »

Practice is the only thing that’s really been able to help me figure out if a recipe is good. The more recipes I make the easier it is for me to tell if it’s going to be something I’ll like before I make it. I think it helps if you start with a specific type of cooking before branching out to a different style - for me, I can tell if I’ll like a crockpot recipe easily but I couldn’t tell you if any grilling recipes would work.
Blue Eyed Reader
Currently Reading:

The ingredients and the reviews on who has previously made it is what cues me into those recipes. However, the downside to that is everybody doesn't have the same taste buds and interests in food as I do, so it becomes a personal choice in the end. Sometimes that's tough!

I love your intake on the different styles of food and what is comfortable with everyone. That's a great way to start!
David_92
Currently Reading: Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by David_92 »

I don't use the recipes on Pinterest because it doesn't cover the African diet which is my preference . Mostly its western diets . But all the same I appreciate the website. Its a diverse world I understand .
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
Blue Eyed Reader
Currently Reading:

That's really interesting! I don't think I ever would have thought of that. Good to know!
Lillianhausgaard
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00H8VUGVC

Post by Lillianhausgaard »

I love using pinterest for recipes. I can find anything. I can also find a few versions of the recipe. I have made several recipes from pinterest. My favorite is Wicked Thai Chicken Soup. It was so easy to make. I also like the recipes that have the ingredients along with the picture. I don't have to click to get rerouted to a new page.
Blue Eyed Reader
Currently Reading:

Yes! Those are the best! That way, you can see right off the bat what ingredients to look forward to using for that recipe. Wicked Thai Chicken Soup? Sounds intriguing and delicious.
mandalee519
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Post by mandalee519 »

I think Pinterest comes in handy for pretty much everything! I absolutely love the site. I haven't tried using it for recipes, only because it never crossed my mind. I definitely would consider it in the future if the recipes have some good comments.
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
esther namary
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by esther namary »

i love the ideas :D
h4l3st3r_lauren
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by h4l3st3r_lauren »

You can find a lot of great ideas and such on Pinterest. Recipes being one of the best. If you follow the recipes exactly right then it should be just as delicious as it looks on Pinterest. If you think you don't have the skills to make it, you do. Go for it! You can do it!
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

I get all my recipes from Pintrest!! There are so many food blogs out there, it would be impossible for me to sort through otherwise. They don't always turn out well, but they are usually pretty delicious.
Pharris53
Favorite Book: Angels Are for Real
Currently Reading: Witness
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pharris53.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Pharris53 »

I love Pinterest. Have so many recipes on my board and most of the ones I've tried are delicious!

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”