Pinterest Recipes

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Stephh96
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Re: Pinterest Recipes

Post by Stephh96 »

I love using Pinterest for finding new things to cook, they give bew ideas not only for dinners but for EVERYTHING . Its a real good app to go to I recommend this to everyone fibd a recipe you haven’t made they usually have ingredients under the picture and enjoy your meal
K_Bar16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by K_Bar16 »

Pinterest is my go-to for recipes! I have about fourteen different boards that are food and drink related. They're all different categories so it's easier to find things and the majority of the recipes I actually get around to making are fairly good. For our first wedding anniversary dinner, I wanted to make my husband and I a recreation of our wedding dinner, and Pinterest is where I found the closest recipes to it. It was well worth the time spent making the meal as it was finding the best recipes for the hors d'oeuvres and the main dish.
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages »

I’ve had mixed experiences with Pinterest. I’ve found the recipes with pictures from people who have tried them are usually the better ones. I try to go for those first.
Emilia1892
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Eyes Don't Lie
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Emilia1892 »

I did not use Printerest but I will use it and try new recipes. I find it very interesting.
seymmarc
Currently Reading: The Nun
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seymmarc.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by seymmarc »

I really enjoy getting recipes from Pinterest. Although I agree that a lot of the recipes, when made according to the blog link, aren't to my liking. Instead, I've taken the approach to use it as inspiration for a dish and alter it to suit my taste. I'm horrible for not following a recipe!
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I have found tons of great recipes on Pinterest! I love using it for food ideas. The only thing I don't like is that it's a little too easy to get carried away...I've collected so many recipes that there is no way I'll ever get to them all!
KasieMiehlke
Currently Reading: The Hidden Village
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasiemiehlke.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by KasieMiehlke »

When I find a recipe on Pinterest that I like, I will read through the entire recipe before I make it. I often make small changes to it as I go. I have had more successes than failures through Pinterest.
Cswrawr
Currently Reading: El Conde Karlstein
Bookshelf Size: 1011
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cswrawr.html
Latest Review: Isabella's Painting by Ellen Butler

Post by Cswrawr »

I've made a bunch of different recipes from Pinterest. Most of the time they turn out, every once in awhile one fails pretty hard. Those could have been my fault though as I tend to make substitutions if I don't have what a recipe calls for.
oocynthia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by oocynthia »

I really love pinterest cause it's one heck of a lifesaver.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

As much as I love Pinterest, but majority of the recipes their are not good or really hard to follow.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

I love Pinterest recipes purely because there are so many of them and the ideas are endless. I can never follow a recipe exactly, tho, and I end up adjusting it by adding a bit of this and a bit of that. Generally, I haven't had many fails but I think it all comes down to experience and how confident you are in the kitchen. Certainly, for a bit of inspiration, you don't get better than Pinterest!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

Yes, Pinterest is my go to now for a new recipe. I've tried their dips and a lot of the low carb and keto recipes. Two of my favorites are the cream cheese pancakes and the low carb snickerdoodle cookies.
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

I don't use recipes from Pinterest. I've not really thought about it. I think what makes a good recipe is if the ingredients and procedures are favorable to the cook
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
MandyP
Favorite Book: Blood of Dreams
Currently Reading: Social Creature
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandyp.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by MandyP »

I am ADDICTED to collecting recipes on Pinterest! I have tried quite a few and mostly they turn out really well. There's loads of inspiration on there with different types of meals and even sweets to make. I do have a select few (such as beehive cupcakes) that I have made many times over the years and are favourites in my household. Once I find a good recipe I tend to stick to it and not look at others of the same meal. I have a Pinterest album specifically for those ones so it's easy to find them again. The only thing that annoys me is when you open a recipe on a blog sometimes the page freezes my computer :/
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

I didn't really use pinterest until I started one to participate in the Giveaway pins. Now I'm obsessed with the crafts and recipes you can get!

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”