At What Age Did You Start Cooking Food?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Motherofcats1
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-motherofcats1.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Re: At What Age Did You Start Cooking Food?

Post by Motherofcats1 »

I started cooking at the age of 13. I didn't like it at first but as I grew older and learned how to use spices and cook different dishes I started to like it. Now I love it and cook every night. It's my way of relaxing now.
akuns003
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by akuns003 »

I started around 10, but didn't start really cooking until I was about 14 - more intricate dishes, better-tasting meals, etc. I learned the taste preferences of everyone in my immediate family so I could make more dishes that they liked. My mom was never too particular about letting me in the kitchen, or one of my brothers that is just two years younger than me. My other brother that is four years younger than me isn't allowed much freedom in the kitchen, though, since he often burns himself and is pretty clumsy. I think that's what most parents fear, pretty much for the "safety" of their kids. If you ask my opinion, it's silly since I know plenty of people who have been cooking since they were 8 or 9 and never had an issue! :roll2:
Rozen29

Post by Rozen29 »

I started cook when I was in 6th grade and learn some of the cooking from my parent in the restaurant and I love helping them in the kitchen.
Cate winslet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Cate winslet »

I started cooking at the age of 13... I was always used to nanny...
munajimah25

Post by munajimah25 »

i started cooking at the age of 9, i stayed with my granny so she taught me how to cook and if am not able to do something well, she insult me small later teach me.. yh
Kliyo 123

Post by Kliyo 123 »

I was 8 yrs. I loved to learned it. With experience over the years u get better.
Poppy Drear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poppy-drear.html
Latest Review: Five of Pentacles by Anna Munson

Post by Poppy Drear »

Wow, I must have started helping my parents bake when I was no more than five or six! I'm helping my brothers carry on the tradition, too. My chocolate chip cookies have been described as life-changing - by a particularly melodramatic individual, anyway.
Thata25

Post by Thata25 »

I started cooking at age of 11.. I miss that day when i burned it..lol.. But now, i wish to have many kitchen tools to improve my cooking.
Taniab94

Post by Taniab94 »

I started at the age of 7. My parents were both chiefs and I loved watching them cook. So now I'm also a chief and I'm so proud of myself.
mbray22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by mbray22 »

I started cooking at around age 11, first thing I made was scrambled eggs and I did not do it well. They got burnt, and I put way to much milk. But now, I make some of the best eggs I've ever had. They're one of my fiance's favorite breakfast foods. :D
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

I started cooking at the age of 14 because my mom was scared I would get hurt or I will hurt her while working in the kitchen with her. So she kept me away from that place for quite a long time.
-R
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

I actually started early. my mum would invite me to the kitchen to watch her cook but it was my brother wife who actually gave me my first opportunity to cook. maybe I was 10 or there about
evans3325

Post by evans3325 »

age of 10
akanni mubo omolade

Post by akanni mubo omolade »

i Start cooking at age 7
Petrolinah

Post by Petrolinah »

I started cooking at the age of 8 i had to cook for my young siblings cause mom and dad was separated

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”