How do you feel while cooking?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Sar100
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How do you feel while cooking?

Post by Sar100 »

I love cooking. I cook everyday and make me feel so much better when I cook foods for myself than eating what other people cook. Furthermore it satisfies me that I can take good care of my responsibility in kitchen.
Ashley Muszall

Post by Ashley Muszall »

I love cooking for my son and myself.. i dont really enjoy cooking for a large group I just feel like it gets overwhelming
Gmdiamzon 2
Favorite Author: Scott Hughes
Favorite Book: Devilish
Currently Reading: His to Protect
Bookshelf Size: 124
fav_author_id: 6516

Post by Gmdiamzon 2 »

I feel like a real mom especially when my hubby and my kid want the taste of the food i cooked.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

It normally depends in my case.I feel really good when cooking,especially when it comes out exactly how i wanted it to. However,when am tired and i still have to cook,i just feel like the pots and pans are my enemy.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

I try to approach cooking in the best frame of mind I can because truly those feelings carry over and I don't mean just in your skill. I was told once that the Krishnas pray over the food as it is prepared and never once have I had a bad meal prepared by them. It got me to thinking heavily on the matter, then I saw numerous documentaries about the effects our emotions have on water at the molecular level and it all makes more sense now. The love you put into your cooking has a very real effect at the molecular level. A good example is my roomie, she is a skilled cook and baker, but when she drops something or some little thing doesn't go right she lets loose with s***, d***, and a heap of gd. Now although her ingredients are top shelf and she puts alot of time and attention into her meals, I have noticed that when she has a cussing fit the food just is not as good. So as with all things, I feel the attitude you approach the task with is where your results come from.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
simplymica26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 »

I feel happy, delighted and love. It helps me forget all negativities of life. The satisfaction when I smell the food, ahh I can't wait to eat it with my husband and snuggle once your full. 😊😊😊
elliebelle2018

Post by elliebelle2018 »

:no-spoil: :D i feel like a chef 😁😁
Rhoda 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Rhoda 2 »

Cooking is part of me i feel good and relaxed especially when it tastes nice and every member of the family enjoys it.
inno-117

Post by inno-117 »

:D
cooking is what I love most , I feel so much joy within myself while I cook, and i become happier the most when family members compliment my food. it makes me more confident.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

:P Hungry. Excited when it is something new. I have to do taste test.
:techie-studyingbrown:
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

I love cooking it makes me feel young and energetic. I want to turn on the radio and dance along to country songs.
I love the smells and the food.
I love cleaning too - so I never dread finishing =)
Astridrose
Currently Reading: Happiness is All We Want!
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B01LZTK7QZ

Post by Astridrose »

I’m ecstatic when I cook food. I prefer to prepare raw salads because I can make it colorful and yummy! I normally cook filipino and indian fusion foods. But the downside, I can eat only little portion as I always feel bloated after cooking.
Salder
Currently Reading: Winning the war on cancer
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Salder »

I usually feel like i am abt creating something amazingly tasty...i always give in my best
Charlaigne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlaigne.html
Latest Review: Reaching the Shore by Davin Jake Douma and BonnieJane Hall

Post by Charlaigne »

Storygamer88 wrote: 20 Jun 2017, 10:01 I don't like the prep and cleanup like washing dishes and cutting veggies. Meat is awful cause you spend so much more time washing and making sure not to contaminate everything. So...I hate it.
1000X yes to this. Just had to wash and decontaminate my sink and counter due to prepping chicken wings.

Wings turned out great...but I'm trying to figure out how to use less dishes next time.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

I really don't enjoy cooking. To me, it just feels like a chore I have to get past in order to enjoy eating.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”