How do you feel while cooking?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Nnamdi Sam
Currently Reading: Ripcord Recovery
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: How do you feel while cooking?

Post by Nnamdi Sam »

How Do I Feel When I Cook?
I feel relaxed, i fill fulfilled.When i cook, i just don't cook because i'm hungry or to release my anger. No, i cook because it is what i love. it's what makes me Happy.
Mishmuma1
Favorite Book: Resilience: A Workbook
Currently Reading: VieVie La Fontaine
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by Mishmuma1 »

Cooking is therapeutic for me
I relax and let all my troubles go
mashawnna
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by mashawnna »

Belynda White wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 18:25 Hi everyone! :D

I know a few people who hate to cook and some who equally love to cook. :|

How does cooking make you feel? :D

Can you attach your emotions to cooking?
I've loved cooking ever since i was a kid. when i cook, i put my heart, my soul, my mind into it. It's one of those things that satisfy me. Actually, i'm in the process of planning a restaurant opening
nchimbwita
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nchimbwita »

i like cooking.its like a hobby to me
[Krista_Michelle86]
Currently Reading: Practical Magic
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krista-michelle86.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel

Post by [Krista_Michelle86] »

While I'm cooking I generally feel competent and confident. I love food prep and cooking, and I have for many years. It's a skill I have that I cultivated completely on my own, and I'm very proud of it. I took no cooking classes, and I didn't learn by watching a relative. There is absolutely not one single person in my entire family with any cooking talent whatsoever, so it's not a generational or a genetic predisposition. I consider cooking skilled work, whether it's done at home for free or professionally in a restaurant. (I'd like to throw in there right now that women have been expected to do the home cooking for free for hundreds of years with zero recognition of their talent or skill, meanwhile, the restaurant industry is dominated by men and cheffing is a profession where discrimination against women is rife.) Growing up, everything we ate was made from boxed mixes and such; I honestly have no memories of anything ever being made fresh or from scratch. I think my parents saw cooking as a chore just like any other. Now I reckon that if they had put in a little more effort and taken a little more pride in it they may have felt differently, but that's neither here nor there. I started cooking when I was in my late teens/early 20s. At the time my dad and stepmom had become Orthodox Jewish, and their household had dietary rules around which we had organized the entire kitchen. (I never converted but I followed the kosher rules while in their household, because it's one of those things where it really only works if everyone is on board and I just didn't see it as something I really cared to rebel against, even though I had no interest in Judaism. Also I figured it was their house and they had the right to make certain rules with reasonable expectation that they'd be followed.) With Judaism came Shabbos, and that meant that every Friday and Saturday we had guests over and needed to serve huge meals, and my stepmom couldn't manage it all on her own, or at least I figured she shouldn't have to, so I started pitching in. She would have a stack of recipes and hand me a few to take care of, and so I did. That's how cooking started for me. Now I'm married and I see cooking as a way to heal, bring family together, welcome friends, fortify the people I care about with my love. I love a friendsgiving or a family holiday dinner, or even just a family dinner for my husband and me.
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by HailKingEbi »

I don't enjoy cooking except for myself honestly. It's just not my own thing.
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I've always loved to cook, ever since my grandma thought me how. But sometimes if you I am too tired and my family wants me to cook, I get grumpy and the taste of the food that I've cooked is affected with my mood.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I love cooking things and i feel blessed when i am cooking as it is what i want to do in my spare time..but sometimes it gets tiring.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
DakotaA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dakotaa.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by DakotaA »

Cooking helped me sort my thoughts out. I can (and often do) spend hours in the kitchen. I don't mind cooking after a long day at work, and usually look forward to creating something yummy.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
Ignatuz Ndunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ignatuz Ndunga »

I feels joy since I like the activity.
Shirley-Mercy 8
Favorite Book: Zeus Defied
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Shirley-Mercy 8 »

I cook most of the times and i feel i have to do it the best way possible and know i cant fail to do it ..never
Prasanna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prasanna.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Prasanna »

Such an amazing question i always want to answer. Yes, you truly said that for some people cooking is love and some just don't like it. For me it is heaven and always comes straight from my heart. I love cooking so much; it is also a stress buster for me, whenever, i feel depressed i go to my kitchen and cook something special, may cake or a special dish. Cooking is something that makes me very HAPPY.
Prettyliannah

Post by Prettyliannah »

Cooking is pretty amazing feeling just like an art of music poetry ! Art FOOD for our soul and body....
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

Nervous, uncertain, hungry lol I love to cook I'm just not good at planning or timing cooking times. I'm still learning and finding foods that I like/ flavors that speak to me. Cooking is a really good bonding experience as well. Its really nice to try new things and feel fulfillment from a dish made well.
Kittymoon

Post by Kittymoon »

I love cooking because it helps me to relax and helps with my stress bit most of all I seem to go into anew world and it's like no one is around and then I get done cooking witch is baking I then ended up with like 200 cupcakes and didn't know I made that much I really love it I could do it for a living if I could lol

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”