- Posts: 70
- Joined: 30 May 2015, 15:24
- Favorite Book: Garments Against Women
- Currently Reading: Americanah
- Bookshelf Size: 50
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-indepaintence.html
- Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane
It's also very easy to modify your own chili recipe, I like to add a variety of beans and some extra spice (hello, Sriarcha!). As long as you have the staples (some chili powder, canned tomatoes, and beans or another protein-tempeh is good) and you let it simmer long enough, chili is almost always foolproof.
Day to day, though, I tend to stick to rice and beans as a base, and I add veggies and seasoning depending on my mood (like nutritional yeast (yum!) and..... Sriracha! (YUM!)).
Best of luck on your recipe journey!
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 04 Jan 2017, 07:22
- Bookshelf Size: 9
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinnethereader.html
I really like the "chicken" nuggets made with vital gluten flour.
Has anyone tried this?
- Natalie Charlene
- Posts: 115
- Joined: 15 Jul 2016, 23:08
- Favorite Book: The Crux
- Currently Reading: Cosmic Queries
- Bookshelf Size: 54
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-charlene.html
- Latest Review: The Bird Ride by Wade W. Bergner
first off, my favorite vegan cookbook is Thug Kitchen. It is amazing and I have loved every recipe I have tried, but, just so you know, it is quite vulgar, but that makes it exceptionally fun to read.
I don't know what kind of recipes you are looking for, but I will share a few super simple ones that tend to be my go-to's when I want something quick and delicious.
Avocado Pesto: 2 avocados, a bunch of fresh basil, 2-3 garlic cloves, juice of 1 lemon, olive oil (optional), salt and pepper to taste. Just throw it in a food processor or blender and let it spin! I like to throw it on pasta with some tomatoes, or use is as a spread on the sandwich I am about to talk about.
Smashed Bean Sandwich: 2 cans of cannellini beans, juice from 1 lemon, salt and pepper to taste, olive oil (optional). Like the recipe hints to, combine all the ingredients and smash! If you can find a vegan sourdough, this sandwich is great on that bread. I top it with the avocado pesto, red onions, cucumber, and greens.
Stuffed shells: 1 pkg tofu, 2-3 garlic cloves, juice of 1 lemon, bunch of fresh basil, salt and pepper to taste. Combine the ingredients in a food processor while you boil some large shells. Coat the bottom of a baking pan in your favorite marinara, fill the shells with the tofu mix (it is frustrating and time consuming, but totally worth it!) and top them with the rest of the marinara. I also like to sprinkle a bit of Daiya mozzarella on top.
I hope these help! if you are looking for a specific type of cuisine, hit me up! I would love to help and share some more recipes!
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 16 Jan 2017, 17:37
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 30 Jul 2018, 16:45
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 3
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boardj.html
- Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 06 Jul 2019, 11:40
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 33
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirituallove.html
- Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD
- Posts: 565
- Joined: 01 Apr 2016, 01:01
- Favorite Book:
- Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
- Bookshelf Size: 115
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
- Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones
- 2022 Reading Goal: 35
- 2022 Goal Completion: 5%
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 13 Jul 2020, 02:14
- Currently Reading: Crown on Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)
- Bookshelf Size: 20
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover7.html
- Latest Review: The Light of the Dying by Michelle Reynoso
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 22 Sep 2020, 09:16
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 31
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravingreads.html
- Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
- Posts: 367
- Joined: 30 Jan 2022, 00:06
- Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
- Bookshelf Size: 47
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
- Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure by Catherine A. Pepe
Rice with lentils/vegetables is a great option.