I just transitioned vegetarian to vegan and need recipes!

Welcome to The Book and cook Forum, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food.
mandalee519
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Re: I just transitioned vegetarian to vegan and need recipes!

Post by mandalee519 » 18 Jan 2018, 17:58

If you have a sweet tooth like I do, try buying some vegan rye bread, spreading almond butter on top, layering up some sliced bananas, and sprinkling hemp seeds and agave nectar on top! Super simple and extremely delicious!!

Cate winslet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Cate winslet » 08 Mar 2018, 11:04

just use cereals... they serve the same as meat... greens are boring at times...

cozark38
2018 Reading Goal: 60
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: Life Before
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozark38.html
Latest Review: Something About Ann by J. Everett Prewitt

Post by cozark38 » 08 Mar 2018, 16:55

I nannied for 2 little boys at one time who were vegetarian. My niece is pescatarian as well. She would like to be totally vegan, but for health reasons cannot. I am not but have eaten the diet and learned some great recipes or ways to cook certain things. I am curious about the choice to switch to this diet as I have seen asked here before. My concern is the lack of certain nutrients that your body needs. I have no problem with either, I am just curious I know for some it is religious, some for love of animals, and some just believe it is healthier. I just like to understand why. I know a killer lasagna recipe, well, it tastes great. :) Scott, love the idea of a recipe spot. I hope meat eaters that at times eat vegetarian or vegan can join.

Return to “Book and Cook”