What is your favourite food and drink when reading.

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
leaniemann
Bookshelf Size: 14

Re: What is your favourite food and drink when reading.

Post by leaniemann »

I don't eat while reading, but I love being snuggled up with a blanket and a good book, drinking a cup of tea.
Dravyn98
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Dravyn98 »

Water. And you dont eat food while touching books thats just askin for trouble
Moni
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moni.html

Post by Moni »

Depends on the time I am reading. Morning coffee!! Night a glass of wine!!
Loverockers
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... lations</a>
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loverockers.html
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott

Post by Loverockers »

Depends on the book and time of day. Usually I crave caffeine and cake. Lol. If it's a rainy day, I might just add in a sandwich or some french fries =)
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott
sanchia
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanchia.html

Post by sanchia »

I do not eat or drink while reading as I do not want anything to spill down on my pages.
babyslim1982
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by babyslim1982 »

Coffee all the way
Jill147
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jill147.html

Post by Jill147 »

I love to have popcorn and a soda. Most people use these to enjoy a movie but I feel books are much better than movies anyways!
Kyrabr

Post by Kyrabr »

I like to always have a nice glass of water when reading a bovok. My snack varies depending on how I feel. Sometimes it's cookies and other times it's crackers. :D
BookBuffoonery
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookbuffoonery.html
Latest Review: "In Good Hands" by Billie Allen

Post by BookBuffoonery »

I like to eat some kind of baked good (like cake/pie/scone) and have a cup of tea. Bigelow English Teatime or Lemon Lift are probably my favorites.
Latest Review: "In Good Hands" by Billie Allen
Yamel
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Yamel »

It becomes somehow hard for me to concentrate on what I eat or drink while I am reading. Especially if the book I am reading is really good. However, when i do eat, it has to be ice cream . I do agree food depends on what genre you are concentrating on, but whether is a sad story or a happy ending, ice cream eases any type anxiety.
Cristina
Bookshelf Size: 3117
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Cristina »

When I read on warm days I tend to drink Dr Pepper. If it is rainy and cool, coffee while snowy and cold will bust out the hot chocolate. As far as eating goes...depends on how interested I get. If I am okay with stopping to cook and eat then I stick to red vines and sunflower seeds. If I'm so into the book that I have left the planet, someone will usually set a plate nearby for me to eat from. Since I didn't cook that ranges from, (depending on who it is and kitchen skills), a cheese sandwich, ramen or Dominos Pizza, though occasionally McDonalds, (we only have one McD within hundreds of miles and it is across town so that isn't often).
Martina_Reads
Currently Reading: Mindfulness
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-reads.html

Post by Martina_Reads »

I have to admit a guilty pleasure, chips and Diet Dr. Pepper with lots of napkins on hand. Please don't judge! :oops:
Raeleighlarson

Post by Raeleighlarson »

I don't normally eat while reading so that I can focus on the book itself. I am not a tea or coffee drinker but I will drink water and milk while reading a book.
TamSan
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamsan.html

Post by TamSan »

I mostly just drink water. Sometimes I like some tea. I don't usually eat anything though, I get too into the books to notice my hunger. :lol2: I even forget to drink, but when I do it's water.
Merv
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merv.html

Post by Merv »

Hi.I have a completely unrelated question.I've joined this online book club today,but can't seem to understand how it all works.How do I get started reviewing books?Can someone please help?Thanks.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”