What is your favourite food and drink when reading.

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
locustsandhoney
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-locustsandhoney.html

Re: What is your favourite food and drink when reading.

Post by locustsandhoney »

I can never eat when I read, it is too distracting because I feel the need to look at the food instead of the words. As for drinks, chai tea lattes seem to aid the cozy feeling of a good book.
RBLW
Currently Reading: The Uses of Enchantment
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by RBLW »

I like coffee, tea, and water, sometimes I eat while reading and sometimes I don't it depends on how sucked into the story.
Katie Birch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Katie Birch »

Charlottehains wrote:Hi everyone,

I am new I am an author and avid reader. last week I interviewed another author and one of the questions i asked was. What is your favourite food and drink when reading? so here I am going to ask the same question and then add to it.

What is you favourite food and drink when reading, do you like to cook or bake something that is silky and delicious, and does your food and drink change with the genre you are reading?

thanks all

Charlotte Hains x
My favourite drink is apple juice)
kourtneylynn24
Currently Reading: The Last Time She Saw Him
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtneylynn24.html

Post by kourtneylynn24 »

My favorite things to eat and drink while reading are - COFFEE AND BAKED GOODS. A hot cup of coffee, cappuccino, or a latte paired with a cookie, muffin, or scone is the perfect thing to snack on while reading a great book.
APHarris82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apharris82.html

Post by APHarris82 »

The time of day depends on what I decide to eat and drink! And sometimes the genre too, right now I'm reading the Stephanie Plum series and since the weather is nice in the evenings, I'll doctor up a beer and sit on the back porch! If I'm reading in the morning, I'll snack on some fruits or veggies with some water or a red bull :) But chocolate licorice is another reading weakness! :D
-AP
crystalr
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crystalr.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by crystalr »

I absolutely love peach rings. I don't know what it is, but it is something that allows me to snack and keep my hands busy even though I'm reading. I know that it's messy to eat while reading, but I still love it. I also like to get a hot chocolate or cappuccino from the gas station and cozy up at home.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Ann2305
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann2305.html

Post by Ann2305 »

Twinings English Breakfast tea and chocolate! It doesn't matter what I'm reading, that is my happy place. If i am reading in bed I'll skip the snack, as here is nothing worse than crumbs in your bed. My grandmother taught me that there are few things in life that can't be made better with a cup of tea
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

Okay, honestly I could eat and enjoy anything while reading. I absolutely love food and could basically be satisfied with almost anything, even though I can be pretty picky sometimes.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
hwong
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hwong.html
Latest Review: "Blood Hunger" by Beck Robertson

Post by hwong »

I like having wine coolers. As for snacks, it really depends on what I have. I don't usually eat sweets. I prefer salty snacks like seaweed chips or biscuits.
Latest Review: "Blood Hunger" by Beck Robertson
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

nothing actually. I'd have to take a break to eat.. If it's a book I absolutely love, then nothing
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Nothing goes together better than a book and a cup of tea! I love reading, it is an activity I look forward to all day long (I usually don't get to read until before bedtime due to work and such). A good book and a hot cup of tea are my favorite nighttime ritual. I usually prefer herbal teas as I'm reading at night and don't need any caffeine, however, on weekends, when I'm able to read during the day I love to pair it with a green tea! Currently (because it's fall) my go to tea is a Harney and Sons Pumpkin Spice!
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Chips and coke
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
marles
Favorite Author: Margaret George
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7">Memoirs of Cleopatra</a>
Currently Reading: Anna Karennina
Bookshelf Size: 27
fav_author_id: 12655

Post by marles »

I used to love love LOVE a ham sandwich with potato chips inside when I was younger. Now I just love chips and a beer.
School_Butterfly
Currently Reading: The Power of Now
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by School_Butterfly »

Hi. I am an avid reader and usually read several books at the same time. When I am settling into a fiction novel, I usually go for Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk or Shrimp LoMein. If I am teetering amongst books or reading a nonfiction book I usually am attached to a cup of hot lemon water or hot dandellion tea.
RachaelMarie06273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelmarie06273.html

Post by RachaelMarie06273 »

When curling up in my favorite reading chair, with a new book, I enjoy having a warm cup of coffee on the side table and a snack. The steaming cup of java next to me is unchanging with the seasons. Although, on occasion, a dollop of whip cream topping a cup of hot coco can be seen there in stead.

The food for thought differs with the weather. A cold bowl of yogurt and granola suits summer, as a warm bowl of chili suit winter. Being an avid cook and a horrible baker, pastries and not so sweet treats are never seen at my side.

Reading is always more enjoyable with fuel to keep going, during the long hours, snuggled up with a favorite read.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”