What is your favorite cooking show?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
erica_bvs
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 668">Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince</a>
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica-bvs.html

What is your favorite cooking show?

Post by erica_bvs »

I love watching Food Network Star, a show where contestants cook and entertain their way into getting their own show on Food Network.

There are many shows out there that inspire people to become better cooks/bakers. What is your favorite?
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Cooks Country. Awesome show!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
bugsychaos0417
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bugsychaos0417.html

Post by bugsychaos0417 »

My favorite cooking show is Rachel Ray on Food Network. I know she is quirky but her recipes are so quick and easy...and yummy. I own most of her 30 Minute Meals cook books as well.
MsMartha
Currently Reading: Collected Works of Algernon Blackwood (Unabridged)
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmartha.html
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MsMartha »

I like The Great British Bakeoff.
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

"Worse Cooks in America" as it makes me feel so much better about my own cooking. I'm not a great cook but I look at the contestants and end up thinking I'm doing okay. I do enjoy watching the contestants improve their skills and learn a bit myself.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
cleomliddle00

Post by cleomliddle00 »

I like to watch masterchef
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-tasana-williams.html
Latest Review: Monkey Mind Madness by Sharon Dorival

Post by e-tasana-williams »

I still love the classics, Julia Child and Jacques Pepin. Their cooking is not actually anything I can see myself making, but their shows are so soothing. Julia Child is also hilarious, and I can never *not* remember John Belushi's parody of her on SNL.
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free ~ Frederick Douglas
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

MasterChef, Junior Masterchef, and Cutthroat Kitchen. I love how resourceful the contestants are no matter what challenge they're up to. They always come up with something better than their last recipe. I really wish I could be there to taste what they cooked.

The only disadvantage? Every episode makes me want to cry because my cooking skills are lower than an eight-year-old.
mheard77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mheard77.html

Post by mheard77 »

:D The Chew!

I love The Chew because the hosts make me laugh, have great lifestyle tips and also make great food that is feasible to make at home. There are several niches from the different chefs and I like that and one of them is Greek and loves Greek food and recipes and I am Greek so I am slightly biased! ha
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

ellieonline03 wrote:MasterChef, Junior Masterchef, and Cutthroat Kitchen. I love how resourceful the contestants are no matter what challenge they're up to. They always come up with something better than their last recipe. I really wish I could be there to taste what they cooked.

The only disadvantage? Every episode makes me want to cry because my cooking skills are lower than an eight-year-old.
I had forgotten about Cutthroat Kitchen. That one always amazes me, with the challenges and the way the contestants meet the challenges.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Sweetmhe
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmhe.html

Post by Sweetmhe »

My favorite cooking show is the MasterChef, I like this show because you really have a talent and passion on cooking to win this show. And my other favorite too is all the cooking show on the Create Channel, because most of the cooking show they give you some tips to cook bitter.
jaxsteph

Post by jaxsteph »

Oh my gosh I LOVE Master Chef, although it isn't the same since Graham Elliot left. I think I enjoy Master Chef Jr. even more--who wouldn't be inspired by these amazing miniature cooks??
karoberts7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karoberts7.html

Post by karoberts7 »

I love the Barefoot Contessa. Everything she makes just seems so luxurious and amazing. I remember watching her make seafood potpie. I've probably watched that episode five times now. I also love the Pioneer Woman Cooks, because she's always cooking for either a small gathering or a party. It's always some kind of event.
CatherineStine

Post by CatherineStine »

Anthony Bourdain's shows
sara91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara91.html

Post by sara91 »

CatherineStine wrote:Anthony Bourdain's shows
Same! I have friends who can't stand him, but every time I watch one of his shows, it makes me want to travel. I still haven't read Kitchen Confidential, but it's on my list!

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”