What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Re: What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Post by Charlie19 »

My partner feels so drained this morning due to colds so, i made her special chicken soup in order to have her health back..You might wanna try some?
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

I made 6 huge vegan burritos and a tray of empanadas and froze them for a birthday party I have coming up. I also baked some potatoes with beans, corn, and chickpeas and added tahini sauce and avocado paste on top of them, mostly because I had leftovers form the burritos so I decided to make lunch with them :D.
Tmoige
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tmoige »

I cooked Ugali and yummy green vegetables and beef stew.
Tom Ogalo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tom Ogalo »

ugali and roasted meat aka nyama choma
sugianto_rusli

Post by sugianto_rusli »

I cooked simple fried chicken with egg for today, enough for 2x times meals
mhPNW
Currently Reading: It Takes Two to Talk
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by mhPNW »

Today was a hummus and vegetable day; I love to make mine with white beans and chipotle peppers.
Gathoni1991
Currently Reading: Elf Accord
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathoni1991.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Gathoni1991 »

I cooked Ugali, kales and beef stew for dinner today
alysha_walters14
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alysha-walters14.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by alysha_walters14 »

Last night I cooked seasoned pork chops, baked in the oven. They were covered with olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, chili powder, and garlic. I served them with pan fired potatoes and onions as well as eggplant.

It was my first time cooking eggplant and it was easy enough but I think I will tweak the recipe before I cook it again.

Any suggestions or tips?
"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

- Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass
alysha_walters14
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alysha-walters14.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by alysha_walters14 »

corinaelena wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 07:24 I made 6 huge vegan burritos and a tray of empanadas and froze them for a birthday party I have coming up. I also baked some potatoes with beans, corn, and chickpeas and added tahini sauce and avocado paste on top of them, mostly because I had leftovers form the burritos so I decided to make lunch with them :D.
That sounds AMAZING
"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

- Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass
Heidi Finger
Favorite Book: The Expected One
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-finger.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Heidi Finger »

Yesterday, I made shredded pork in the slow cooker. We ate it with mashed potatoes, peas, and carrots. Everyone loved it and will have to do it again. It is so nice to cook in the slow cooker on these hot summer days.
Heidi Finger
Favorite Book: The Expected One
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-finger.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Heidi Finger »

alysha_walters14 wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 21:58 Last night I cooked seasoned pork chops, baked in the oven. They were covered with olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, chili powder, and garlic. I served them with pan fired potatoes and onions as well as eggplant.

It was my first time cooking eggplant and it was easy enough but I think I will tweak the recipe before I cook it again.

Any suggestions or tips?
I like to cook eggplant on a skewer. Cube the eggplant, brush with olive oil and season. Cook on the grill until slightly browned, delish!
Amina_Ibrahim
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-ibrahim_1328443.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Amina_Ibrahim »

oh, I made noodles. Perfect, tasty noodles!
Erin
Currently Reading: Death Has a Thousand Doors
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin.html
Latest Review: Not 4 $ale by M.R. Biggs

Post by Erin »

Paul Bertolli’s Cauliflower Soup is on the menu today. I eat gluten-free and grain-free. I enjoy the soup because it has a natural thickness to it without needing a thickening agent.
Malik dad
Currently Reading:

Post by Malik dad »

Good evening!
I am a mother, so I made gluten free cake for my daughter. This was tasty and healthy as well.
I like to share the recipe with you.
Ingredients:-
1. Oat flour ( 1 cup).
2. Sugar (1 cup)
3. Whole eggs (4)
4. Cooking oil (1/4 cup)
5. Fresh Milk (1/2 cup)
6. Baking powder (2 tbls)
7. Pineapple and cherries

Instructions:
Put all the ingredients in your blender jug and blend for few moments. To mix all the ingredients well. Greece the baking pan and then put butter paper in the pan. Now pour all the mixture into baking pan. Put baking pan in pre heated oven at 250 Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
Check out the cake with tooth pick. If need few minutes more let it be in oven.
When the cake is ready, pick it out in the serving dish, decorate it with fresh pineapple and cherries.
Hopefully you will enjoy it
Gaby+LysMom2KB
Currently Reading: Sink Reflections
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaby-lysmom2kb.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Gaby+LysMom2KB »

gali wrote: 10 Jul 2016, 01:09
Booky_BettyC wrote:Thank you! The last time I made them I put green onion, feta, spinach, and garlic in a food processor to make a paste. Then added it to the chicken. I then add one egg for a litte bit more structure when they cook. Add a piece of havardi cheese smack dab in the middle of the meat and then you have one amazing burger! So delicious and juicy. I've also used mushrooms and baby bell peppers. Everything is optional pretty much. I also may add some BBQ sauce and ketchup or just season with basil and thyme. I'm not one to write down recipes or strictly follow them, so I'm sorry if you were looking for specific amounts. Like a blank canvas is to a painter, cooking is exactly that for me!?

-- 09 Jul 2016, 23:43 --

Sometimes I make all different kinds and just freeze them not knowing what kind they are. Surprise chicken burger everytime lol
Sounds tasty! I don't like mushrooms and spinach, so won't use them. Thank you. :)

-- July 10th, 2016, 9:11 am --

Today I am making Spaghetti Bolognese. :cooking:
Hi! That chicken burger sounds very tasty! I love most of those ingredients, except for havardi cheese. I always improvise with recipes, and they still come out good. My sister thinks I'm crazy to follow recipes from books and magazines! lol She cooks like our Mom used to, just throwing ingredients together.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”