What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
RicReviews
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Post by RicReviews »

I cooked Onion Pakodas today. They had coriander and garden picked green chillies in them …ummm yummy! Everyone who ate 'em just loved them.:)
leafs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leafs.html

Post by leafs »

Although, I have not started dinner yet..today I am making french toast.
Albaadani44

Post by Albaadani44 »

Well I'm glad to write about what I'm really like to do and this is the first and best time for me. I'm from Yemen and by the way I'm a man who lives in a country that looks fault for men to cook but I do my cooking hobbies secretly.
Today I have made a very fantastic and delicious Lunch for my 4 kids who love my cooking more than their mother's.
My dish is called Burtta salad
Ingredients
3 big sizeeggplant, 2 midum size onions,1 big size red color and apple shape of tomato, 1 or 2 green pepper as your preferences, 2 teaspoons olives oil, salt, 2 teaspoons lemon juice , a bunch of black pepper and finally some green lefes salad.
Recipe
1- Eggplants are grilled on the ovens for 15 minutes till golen black.
2-while you are grilling the eggplant, onions and tomatoes and green peppers are chopped gently.
3-The chopped items are mixed together.
4-after you see the eggplants have been completely grilled move them up from fire and peel the burning peels off then wash them after that use a forfk to bake the grilled peeled eggplant.
5-add the smashing eggplant on the mix of onion and papers and tomatoes and mix them gently.
6-Add the salt , lemon juice, black pepper and olives oil the mixture and stire them .cover this mixture with salad lefes and leve it for 30 minutes before serving it.
You can serve it with fring golden Mackerel fish and some smashed boild potetoes.
It is me .
Thanks for reading.
Albaadani44

Post by Albaadani44 »

Tomorrow is my holiday and my kids are asking me to do smashing soul fish with Trumic and saffron.
The ingredients
1 Killo grams of fresh middum size of soul fish.
3 small sizes onion .
Some green coriander.
Some fresh green parsley.
1to 2 small teaspoons of Turrmeric.
Little bunch of saffron.
Salt and black pepper
Olive oil half cup
Lemon juice.
Recipe
1- wash the fish and put it in a boiling pot. And add some water and then let it boiling for 30 minutes.
2- after the fish is boiling take it out of the water and peel it carefully and take out the bones too.
3- smash the fish gently and then squeeze it by your hands to take all the water till to be dry.
4-chop up the onions and the green coriander and the parsley in small tiny chops.
5- put the olive oil on a pan on the fire and add the chopped mixture of onions and coriander and parsley gradually in the oil and then start fringe till golden brown.
6-add the smashed boiled dry soul fish to the mixture and immediately put the lemon juice with Turmeric and saffron and stire the mixture for 5 minutss till yellow color takes place in all the mixture.
Leave it for 30 minutes to get little cooler .
Serve it with brown French fries and loafs of bread.
BONA BETE
Pingu1

Post by Pingu1 »

What i made today at dinner was lambstew with tomato, onion and garlic, and with some couscous with a little thyme in it. The couscous was voiler in vegetablestock with pepper.
It was quite good
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I had stewed cabbage with baked potatoes.
samxanax

Post by samxanax »

Nothing quit yet :D
Cate winslet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Cate winslet »

today I made beef samosas...
requirements are;
flour
salt
water
minced meat
spring onion
beef cubes
soy source
cooking oil.

procedure
put the minced meat in a pan, add beef cubes and soy source... leave it to cook. Add the chopped onions to it and a little bit of salt... when it is ready spread it on a clean surface to cool.

Take the flour and mix it with some salt and water. Make small balls then roll them over one by one applying oil... place 2 by 2 on a hot pan to separate then cut it into 4 parts, make another dough that is slightly light to med the corners while putting the cooked mean in it.
Abodunde01

Post by Abodunde01 »

Rice and beans with pepper sauce and boiled eggs. 😋
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages »

Vegetarian lenten lunch today. Split pea soup with a topping of minced veg and bok choy.
Jullietty

Post by Jullietty »

I baked chicken pie for breakfast. These Are The Reciepies: For The Dough: 250grms Of Flour, 100g Of Cold Butter, Half Teaspoon Of Baking Powder, A Pitch Of Salt, 1 Egg, Half Cup Of Water And Half Teaspoon Of Nutmeng. For The Fillings:150g Cooked And Chop Chicken Breast, 1 Chop Potatoes, 1 Chop Carrot, Tyme, Chicken Cube, Chop Chille Pepper, Chop Green Capcicum, Chop Onion, Salt To Taste And Vegetable Oil For Frying The Filling A Cup Of Water. Once The Filling Is Ready Allow It To Cool. After Kneading Your Dough, Roll It Out And Use A Circle Cutter To Cut It Out Into 6 -8 Places, Divide The Fills Into 3-4 Places Then Add The Fills Inside 3-4 Cut Dough. Use The Remaining 3-4 Cut Dough To Cover The Filled Dough Seal Up The Edges Round With Fork, Then Line It On Your Oil Sprayed Bake Tray, Get Your Egg Wash (1 Egg Mixed With A Table Spoon Of Water) And Bush The Top Of The Pie. Bake For 30-35 Minutes.
nataliecannon13
Currently Reading: An Arsène Lupin Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 1189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nataliecannon13.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by nataliecannon13 »

Earlier this week, I made slow cook chicken fricassee in the crock pot. We still have leftovers, so we're going to use our usual dinner-cooking time to...bake upside down plum cake! :cake:
feedo22
Currently Reading:

Post by feedo22 »

i prepared Nigerian Jollof rice and chicken.
Recipe: Rice, fresh tomatoes, pepper, seasoning, onions, groundnut oil,water,salt, curry and thyme.
preparation: step 1: wash the rice, put water on fire and parboil the rice. After 15minutes, set the rice down and wash thoroughly. wash the onions, pepper and tomatoes,blend it and set aside. put a clean pot on fire, allow the pot to dry, add a little amount of groundnut oil, allow to heat for 5minutes then you pour the blended mixture in the pot. stir so that it doesn't stick and then you add curry and thyme, add the chicken stock and put salt and seasoning to taste. cover and allow to boil then pour the par-boiled rice. boil till the rice is tender. serve it hot. muah
Holly Phiefer

Post by Holly Phiefer »

So far today I made scrambled eggs for breakfast. I made steamed carrots and brown rice for when my dad returns work. I hope to make some more meals later in the day.
Cate winslet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Cate winslet »

can someone give me the ingredients of a tea scorn...

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”